China Glaze Queen B from the Autumn Nights Collection is a blue-purple creme nail polish that’s simple, but dramatic. I can see this as a great base for nail art!
The first thing that sprung to mind when I heard the name Queen B was a queen bee.
Isn’t it so weird how she’s fed by all her workers and is just responsible for having baby bees? (I wonder if she’s fanned with a leaf and fed grapes while having her little nails painted. Hehe!)
Thinking about bees also made me sadly remember the Colony Collapse Disorder, where worker bees go missing. It’s pretty scary because bees are needed to pollinate crops including plants that provide fruits and vegetables for our consumption. So if they disappear, that could spell disaster for our food supply!
I’ve read that some pesticides are the reason why a lot of honeybees are dying, and that it may play a role in how some bees leave the hive and either forget their way back to the hive or how to communicate to other bees where to locate the nectar.
Bees play such an important role in our ecosystem, so it’s scary to see them get hit with such a major problem.
I hope that scientists can figure out a viable solution to, at least, slow down the process.
China Glaze Queen B Pictures
China Glaze Queen B Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of China Glaze Queen B
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Regal blue-purple crème (Yes)
- Name: China Glaze Queen B
- Collection: China Glaze Autumn Nights Collection 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the China Glaze Autumn Nights Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my “Quick Look” post on half of the China Glaze Autumn Nights Collection
- Colours Available in the Collection: Queen B, Gossip Over Gimlets, Goldie But Goodie, Strike Up a Cosmo, Rendezvous with You, Public Relations, Kiss My Glass, Tongue & Chic, Scandalous Shenanigans, Charmed, I’m Sure, Don’t Make Me Wine & Red-y & Willing
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by China Glaze.)
- Where to Buy: NailPolishCanada, Trans Design, Head2Toe & 8ty8Beauty
China Glaze Queen B Review
Queen By by China Glaze doesn’t break any ground, but I really love this colour because it’s a great blue-purple shade that’s dynamic yet simple.
It’s the kind of colour that helps your nails stand out, but it’s not a shocking neon or anything gaudy.
The creme finish is very straight-forward, and although there are no bells or whistles, the colour makes the statement.
The beauty about a creme finish is that it’s so easy to apply and remove, which brings me to the next section.
Application & Formula
Queen B by China Glaze had an amazing formula. The polish flowed onto my nails smoothly, and boy was it ever pigmented! Even with a single coat, I got impressive coverage, however I opted to use my usual 2 coats minimum to ensure that I had complete coverage.
This nail polish is extremely easy to work with – not too thick and not too thin. You can apply thin coats if you’d like, but I used my usual medium coats.
Great formula – fuss-free!
Final Verdict: 9/10
I gave Queen B by China Glaze a really high score because the exceptional formula and pigmentation are a winning combination!
Even though this shade isn’t earth-shattering, I still really enjoyed wearing it as a manicure because it was a joy to use and because the colour itself is pretty dynamic.
Have you worn any of the China Glaze Autumn Nights Collection shades? What are your thoughts on the Colony Collapse Disorder? Have you ever been stung by a bee?