China Glaze No Plain Jane from the New Bohemian Collection is the purple that I was curious about trying because it looked like it had some gold in the bottle.
As you may remember me mentioning before, my first love was purple. It was only after I purchased nearly every shade of purple I could get my hands on that I started dabbling with greens.
Surprisingly, I don’t actually have any purples that look exactly like No Plain Jane.
China Glaze No Plain Jane Pictures
China Glaze No Plain Jane Swatches
All swatches have:
Natural Light Photos
- Name: China Glaze No Plain Jane
- Collection: China Glaze New Bohemian Collection 2012
- Press Release: Click here to see the China Glaze New Bohemian Collection press release
- Colours Available in the China Glaze Glaze New Bohemian Collection: Unpredictable, Rare & Radiant, Swanky Silk, No Plain Jane, Want My Bawdy & Deviantly Daring
- Amount: 14 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: NailPolishCanada, Nailsupplies, 8ty8Beauty, Head2Toe & Trans Design
China Glaze No Plain Jane Review
No Plain Jane by China Glaze is a purple polish most times when I looked at it, but at certain angles, I thought I could see a little bit of gold. I had to look at my nails in weird angles, though. I think it’s this gold that gives the purple an overall hazy look.
And although my swatches didn’t capture it, you can see a bit of pink mixed in with the purple in person.
This has a lustre-chrome finish and a very slight duochrome finish. You can see a lot of brush strokes because of the metallic finish.
Application & Formula
The first coat was somewhat sheer, but it built up quickly with a second coat. I also found the formula to be watery, so be careful not to load up your brush too much, or you may flood your cuticles. Also, I suggest trying to apply thin layers because the thicker you apply this polish, the higher your chances of getting bubbles.
Final Verdict: 6.5/10
China Glaze No Plain Jane is okay, but it’s not my favourite purple nail polish to sport. I wish the duochrome was more prominent!
Have you tried No Plain Jane? What was your favourite and least favourite in the China Glaze New Bohemian Collection?