Want to turn heads? A neon lime green will do just that!
I wore China Glaze I’m with the Lifeguard last week, and guys in particular would comment on how much they liked it.
This isn’t for the faint of heart. You have to want your nails to get attention if you use this. It’s very bright (but not the brightest neon green in my collection).
It reminds me of the colour of radioactive substances in cartoons I watched as a kid.
P.S. I want to wish all my lovely American blog readers a wonderful 4th of July! Hope that you’re having a great time celebrating with family and friends!
China Glaze I’m with the Lifeguard Pictures
China Glaze I’m with the Lifeguard Ingredients
China Glaze I’m with the Lifeguard Swatches
All swatches have:
- Nubar Foundation Base Coat
- 3 coats of China Glaze I’m with the Lifeguard
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
√ Glimmering lime green
- Name: China Glaze I’m with the Lifeguard
- Collection: China Glaze Summer Neons Collection (Summer 2012)
- Press Release: Click here to see the China Glaze Summer Neons Collection press release
- Colours Available in the China Glaze Summer Neons Collection: I’m with the Lifeguard, Ride the Waves, Sun-Kissed, Pink Plumeria, Under the Boardwalk, Splish Splash, Love’s A Beach, Hang-Ten Toes, Beach Cruise-r, Orange You Hot?, Surfin’ For Boys & Flirty Tankini
- Amount: 14 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: $3.12 CAD
- Where to Buy: NailPolishCanada, Trans Design, Nailsupplies, Head2Toe, 8ty8Beauty & Victoria Nail Supply
China Glaze I’m with the Lifeguard Review
You can’t go through summer without donning a neon nail polish, I say! And since you know I’m a green fanatic, of course I’m going to suggest that you try out a neon green. Duh! ;)
This is really bright lime green, but I think that China Glaze Kiwi Cool-Ada is actually brighter. So, if you’re not prepared to go full throttle, I’m with the Lifeguard by China Glaze may be just the right amount of neon you need in your life.
Perhaps this isn’t new to you, but this shimmery finish on a neon is new to me. Normally the neons I’ve worn are jellyish or matte.
The shimmer in this is a yellow-green, so it adds that extra dimension to the polish and catches the light. It also creates some brush strokes, though. It doesn’t really bother me, but they are visible.
Application & Formula
I got pretty good coverage with 2 coats, but I added a third to see if it would make the colour even more saturated. It did make a bit of a difference, but I think you can get away with just 2 coats if you use medium coats like I did.
Final Verdict: 8/10
This is a fun neon green to wear, and it really puts you in high spirits every time you look at it. It’s an energetic colour that really spells summer to me.
What nail polish reminds you most of the summer? Do you prefer neon polishes with shimmer or without? Have you ever had a crush on a lifeguard?