Zoya Talia from the Island Fun Collection is a gorgeous turquoise-blue creamy dream!
It’s a turquoise with a deeper sky blue mixed in, and I think this shade would be flattering on many different skin tones.
(In real life, this polish has a touch more green in it than my camera could pick up.)
Zoya Talia reminds me of those days when you can’t spot a single cloud in the sky.
I was tempted to paint a little bird flying on each nail, but sometimes a polish is so pretty, you just have to admire it all on its own.
Zoya Talia Pictures
Zoya Talia Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of Zoya Talia
- KBShimmer Clearly on Top Quick Dry Top Coat (Provided by Harlow & Co.)
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Turquoise (Yes)
- Full coverage & densely pigmented cream formula (Yes)
- Name: Zoya Talia
- Collection: Zoya Island Fun Collection 2015
- Press Release: Click here to see the official Zoya Island Fun & Zoya Paradise Fun Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my Zoya Island Fun Collection Quick Look post featuring swatches & bottle shots
- Colours Available in the Zoya Island Fun Collection: Demetria, Nana, Serenity, Talia, Cecilia & Jace
- Colours Available in the Zoya Paradise Sun Collection: Aphrodite, Mae, Isa, Oceane, Selene & Genesis
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 oz)
- Retail Price: $9 USD
- Press Sample: This nail polish was provided as a press sample by Zoya.
- Where to Buy: Zoya website & NailPolishCanada
Zoya Talia Review
Turquoise and blue aren’t far off from green (my love), so Talia by Zoya is a winner. (My nails started dancing the Macarena after I finishing coating them with this beautiful shade.) 😉
This is a colour that I can easily picture on those who have skin tones richer, fairer, or the same as me. It would look amazing on pretty much anyone who loves having bold, funky nails.
Ahh, the creme formula is a thing of beauty, and Zoya has refined it so well, they have one of the best on the market, even when compared to some luxury brands!
Talia by Zoya is no exception to the rule. It’s exceptionally creamy, and it flows effortlessly onto your nails. You don’t have to be too careful during application, and it’s one of those polishes that seems to apply itself.
If you’re a nail-polish newbie, I highly recommend you try any of the Zoya cremes because then you can just concentrate on your technique instead of fussing with a tricky formula and trying to hone your skills.
Application & Formula
Application was as smooth as a baby’s bottom! The formula isn’t too thin, but it’s not too thick. It’s Goldilocks’ Baby Bear “Just Right!”
Plus it does a great job at self-levelling, too, so even if you mess up a little, it’s very forgiving.
I also loved how pigmented this was. One coat had amazing coverage, but of course I used my typical two coats.
If you’re looking for healthier nail-polish options, Zoya nail polish is a good choice, as their formulas are free of Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, Toluene, Camphor, and DBP.
It also feels great supporting a company that is animal-friendly and vegan-friendly.
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
Zoya Talia is one of those polishes that raises the bar high for other lacquers that follow. The colour is pretty yet simple, and therefore it is highly versatile. But what really impresses me is that the formula is so easy to paint with, and you get a result that looks so smooth, it almost looks like you’re wearing expensive artificial nails! (Zoya nails the creme formula over and over again.)
If you don’t already have a shade like this, Zoya Talia is definitely the one to get!
What creme nail polish makes your heart race? What’s the most recent Zoya nail polish you wore? Is it important to you that a nail polish be Big-5-Free, or are you mainly concerned only with the Big-3?