Zoya Jace from the Island Fun Collection is a tropical green, so you know that I was eager to give it a whirl.
(If fingers could do a twirl like I tend to do whenever I try on A-line skirts, this nailphile’s digits would be doing it.) 😉
Although I love letting my nails slide down the rainbow, there’s something about greens that puts me at peace. (Perhaps I was a frog or a leprechaun in a previous life. Well, my ethnic background includes some Irish, so maybe I’m onto something with that leprechaun comment.)
I feel that Zoya Jace is a calm green, but it’s not too muted or too bright. Baby Bear would come home and find Goldilocks painting her nails with this green nail polish. Just right!
Zoya Jace Pictures
Zoya Jace Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of Zoya Jace
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Modern tropical green (Yes)
- Full coverage & densely pigmented cream (Yes, although the formula is more like a creme-jelly hybrid.)
- Name: Zoya Jace
- Collection: Zoya Island Fun Collection 2015
- Press Release: Click here to read the official Zoya Island Fun & Paradise Sun Collection press release
- Colours Available in the Zoya Island Fun Collection: Demetria, Nana, Serenity, Talia, Cecilia & Jace
- Colours Available in the Zoya Paradise Sun Collection: Aphrodite, Mae, Isa, Oceane, Selene & Genesis
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 oz.)
- Retail Price: $9 USD
- Press Sample: This nail polish was a press sample provided by Zoya.
- Where to Buy: Zoya website & it’ll be coming soon to NailPolishCanada
Zoya Jace Review
Jace by Zoya is a tranquil medium green that’s calming, but not a snooze fest. It’s also not loud or very bright. Although I find 99.9% of greens easy to wear, this one is exceptionally simple to sport. I feel like it has youthful sophistication and would make a fun pop of colour to a neutral outfit.
It reminds me of a rainforest or leaves in the spring when they get all dewy.
Zoya called this a cream in their press release, but the consistency in my bottle is like a beautiful creme-jelly hybrid, due to shininess, smoothness, and the way it applied.
Application & Formula
Jace by Zoya isn’t a one-coater, but with two coats you’ll get fantastic coverage. (At this point, I didn’t feel the need to use another coat.)
From one to two coats, the opacity intensifies significantly, and you can cover any streaks or bald areas with little effort.
The polish is on the thin side, so just pay attention and avoid flooding your cuticles. Its smooth formula is easy to control, so you won’t have any problems unless you apply the lacquer hastily or blindfolded. 😉
If you’re looking for healthier nail-polish options, Zoya nail polish is a good choice, as their formulas are free of Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, Toluene, Camphor, and DBP.
It also feels great supporting a company that is animal-friendly and vegan-friendly.
Final Verdict: 8.5/10
While this polish isn’t crazy, there’s something about the simple finish and particular shade of tropical green that I really enjoyed. It’s a very “me” polish, and it’s the kind that could easily lend itself to nail art.
What is your Comfort Colour that puts you at peace whenever you wear it? If you could only wear muted or bright shades for the rest of your life, which would you choose? (I’d choose bright colours.)