The Zoya Wanderlust Collection for Summer 2017 consists of 12 colours that make this little one’s heart race fast like a nail NASCAR driver!
There are eight cremes, and yes, they all apply beautifully. If they went on any easier, they would apply themselves all while feeding me grapes one by one, fanning me with palm branches and playing Lana Del Rey’s new Lust for Life album. 😉
Full of sizzling personality, the remaining polishes are shimmers that are fun to look at when you move your fingers around and admire your manicure like a vain polish peacock.
For all the swatches in this post, I used two coats of nail polish and no top coat, so you could see the original finish and shine that each one has. With a glossy top coat, however, you’ll add even more brilliance and extend your manicure mileage, of course.
The cremes covered the best, and I was able to achieve full opacity at the two-coat mark. For the shimmers, you could get away with full coverage if you use medium coats. Alternatively, you could apply three thin coats, if you don’t want to see the nail line. I was happy with two coats.
My instant favourites from the Zoya Wanderlust Collection are the greens. No surprise there for my regular readers! Green continues to wrap me around its little finger, as I paint it on all of my nails.
These are my top picks:
- Arbor – Olive-green creme makes your nails see the forest and the trees
- Scout – Floss like a boss with this moss-green shimmer
- Sonja – A coral-based creme sets the red-hot stage for a pinup-worthy manicure
- River – Cry me a river…of happy tears with this shimmery blue
The others are also gorgeous, and if you’re just starting your collection, they’re wonderful ones to add to it.
The formulas on all the Zoya nail polishes in this collection are very consistent, which I appreciate. This is particularly great if you’re new to polish and need an easy-to-use polish that allows you to concentrate more on your painting technique rather than struggling with a lacklustre formula. (By the way, if you’re new to polish, WELCOME! Welcome to the highly addictive drop down the rabbit hole of colour, creativity and self-expression.) 🙂
- Lois – Take the ‘grape’ escape this summer with this purple creme
- Winnie – Nails play ‘pink’-a-boo with this flirty light creme
- Esty – Crown your nails with a princess pink-creme tiara
- Byrdie – A little birdie told me this deep pink creme is to tweet for
- Mandy – Sweet shimmery berry pink that’s reminiscent of ribbon candy
- Journey – Orange-based red shimmer will take your nails on an adventure
- Cora – Orange cream is a tangerine dream
- Sawyer – Pale peach cream has pastel prowess
Did you pick up any of these? Which are your favourites? If you could add an extra colour to the Zoya Wanderlust Collection, what would it be?
See the rest of this post for a closer look at all twelve colours, as well as the official press release that gives you the colour story and more details.