** This post was written by Fiona. She no longer blogs for Swatch And Learn. However, Mary still continues to blog and will be happy to reply to your comment. **
Sammi and Ronnie? Definitely blew it. Tiger Woods? Blew it, no doubt. McDonald’s not offering their Sausage and Egg McMuffin after breakfast hour? Bleeeeeeeeeeew it! Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Blue It? No way – the color is a homerun. Holy smokes! I think Sally Hansen hit this one outta the park for sure.
This color’s no newbie on the block, but I’d still like to shine a little excitement onto it. It’s just a gorgeous blue that takes my breath away! At first I thought it’d be too blue to my liking. Was I wrong!
This is now my favorite blue nail polish. The color is wearable, yet it’s very attention grabbing. That’s what I call the best of both worlds!
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Blue It Swatches & Pictures
*~* 2 Coats with Top Coat in Flash *~*
*~* 2 Coats with Top Coat in Natural Light *~*
- √ Easy grip
- X Easy glide brush designed for complete control
- √ Micro-Shine Complex for Reflective Brilliance & Xtreme Shine
- √ Xtreme strength
- Name: Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Blue It
- Amount: 0.40 fl. oz./11.8 ml
- What I Paid: $2.49 CAD
- Price Per Unit: $0.21/ml
- Other Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Colors Available: Invisible Gloss (01), Green with Envy Creme (02), Hot Magenta Frost (03), Blue Me Away! (04), Rockstar Pink Frost (05), Sun Kissed Creme (06), Cherry Red Creme (07), Deep Purple Frost (08), Disco Ball Frost (09), Emerald City Frost (10), Strobe Light Frost (11), Flirt Creme (12), Celeb City Frost (13), Plum Power (14), Twisted Pink Frost (15), Ivy League Frost (17), VIP Pink Frost (18), Marine Scene Frost (19), Crushed Frost (20), White On Creme (21), Gunmetal Frost (22), Fuchsia Power Creme (23), Shooting Star Frost (24), Lime Lights Frost (25), Purple Potion Frost (26), Mellow Yellow Creme (27), Black Out Creme (28), Ocean View Frost (29), Red Carpet Frost (30), Virtual Violet Frost (31), Pink Boa Frost (32), Pacific Blue Creme (33), Going Green Creme (34), In the Spotlight Shine (35), Caribbean Coral Creme (36), Wet Cement Creme (37), Bubblegum Pink Creme (38), The Real Teal Creme (39), Purple Pizzazz Frost (40)
- Where to Buy: Drugstores, pharmacies, big-box stores & nail stores
Sally Hansen Blue It Review
This color is so vibrant that I’m left completely speechless right now. Seriously, I can’t stop staring at my nails! Sally Hansen Blue It is an electric blue with a shimmery and slightly metallicky finish to it. Definitely wear this if you want to catch some attention. Even though this blue is so rich and bold, it looks like a very noble color. Very wearable at work.
The thing with this color is that it will stain your nails. I’ve used it with Sephora by OPI Base Coat (not a good base coat, BTW), and I’m left with blue nails when I take it off. So make sure you wear a great base coat underneath!
Blue It by Sally Hansen really surprised me. I almost get the color I want with just 1 coat, although I still see some sheer spots. Two coats definitely do it though. Easy peasy.
Get ready to put on your blinders, ‘cause that’s how shiny this nail polish is! No, I kid. But the glossy finish on Sally Hansen Blue It really is amazing. It catches the light beautifully for a bright reflection – even if you’re not wearing a top coat. (But wear one anyway to protect your work.)
Application & Consistency
Smooth as silk, baby. Applying Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blue It is easy as pie, really. You don’t need to take much care with it, as it levels itself out on the nail for an even application. And the consistency isn’t goopy or tacky.
The one thing I will complain about is the brush that it comes with. Or rather, the brush stem. It’s way too long, and it dips all the way into the bottle. The brush stem picks up the polish as well, and the polish drips down onto the brush head when you’re applying your coat. And you end up with more polish on the brush than you intended.
About average. Not Superman speed, but not molasses speed, either. I would wait about 8-10 minutes before applying a second or top coat to avoid bubbling.
I’m very proud of this little drugstore nail polish. It usually lasts me about 5 days before I see any chipping or peeling – it’s about the same or outlasts some of the higher-end brands. And by 5 days, I’m already tired of the color and want to sport something different anyway.
Just to let you know that my bottle of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blue It does contain formaldehyde resin. My bottle is pretty old, so I’m not sure if Sally Hansen has updated their formula. But I am declaring it not big-3 free.
Final Verdict: 9.6/10
I love this color. Blue is actually my favorite color, and I’m glad I found the perfect shade of it to wear on my nails!
What’s your favorite blue nail polish? Let me know so I can blue up my nails!