A while ago, I wore Pretty Serious The Crimson Pearl, and I was really feeling it because it’s dark, but not one of those near-black polishes, and it has subtle shimmer that’s like a secret only the wearer sees.
As usual, I really enjoyed wearing this Pretty Serious nail polish because I don’t have anything that’s exactly like this. Plus I support indie nail polishes in general. (It’s always nice to see indie nail polishes because they express the passion of the nail-polish industry.)
The other day, I was thinking about how fortunate I am to have awesome readers like you who allow me to express myself. 🙂 I get e-mails from readers all over the world who encourage me to, well, be me! 🙂 It’s an awesome feeling knowing that you support me! Thank you!
Pretty Serious The Crimson Pearl Pictures
Pretty Serious The Crimson Pearl Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of Pretty Serious The Crimson Pearl
- KBShimmer Clearly on Top Quick Dry Top Coat (Provided by Harlow & Co.)
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Crimson (Yes)
- Name: Pretty Serious The Crimson Pearl
- Collection: Pretty Serious The Museum of Naileontology Collection
- Press Release: Click here to see the Pretty Serious The Museum of Nailetontology Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here for a Quick Look post on the Pretty Serious The Museum of Naileontology Collection
- Colours Available in the Collection: Blood of Knossos, Eye of Copernicus, Ichi Hanami, Khepri’s Amulet, The Crimson Pearl & The Dragon’s Curse
- Amount: 11 mL (0.37 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $9.95 AUD
- Disclosure: This was provided as a press sample by Pretty Serious Cosmetics.
- Where to Buy: Pretty Serious Cosmetics website, Harlow & Co. & stockists
Pretty Serious The Crimson Pearl Review
The Crimson Pearl by Pretty Serious is a purple plum with a little blue-purple shimmer. The shimmer isn’t dominant, but it lends a delicate touch that adds to the mystique of the polish.
The lacquer has as vampy vibe, but it’s not so dark that its mistaken for a black polish. You can clearly see its plummy personality.
It has subtle shimmer scattered to keep it from looking flat. Think of it like an elevated creme polish. 🙂
Application & Formula
As with most Pretty Serious Cosmetics nail polish, I found The Crimson Pearl to apply very well. It went on creamy, smooth, and pigmented, with just two coats.
Two coats covered very well, so I didn’t feel the need to apply a third.
Final Verdict: 8/10
If you’re looking for a dark nail polish that doesn’t look like a straight-up black lacquer, this is a good choice. It’s vampy, yet the subtle shimmer adds an interesting twist.
What’s your favourite dark polish that isn’t a near-black lacquer? Do you like subtle shimmer, or do you prefer polish that has lots of shimmer and/or glitter?