When I first saw the promo pictures of the Orly Cosmic FX Collection for fall 2010 on nail-polish blogs, I could hardly stand the wait! Crazy sparkly goodness with some duochromes? Hells yeah – I’m always on board for that!
So when they went on sale for $5 a pop, I didn’t need a written invitation. I bought 4 of the 6 available shades. (Halley’s Comet is gorgeous, but I have a dupe, and Space Cadet was sold out at the time.
(Update: I was sent the remaining 2 polishes I was missing, so I’ve swatched and reviewed the complete collection!)
Come see all the irresistible polish porn! 😀
Orly Cosmic FX Collection Swatches & Pictures
Click here to see more Orly It’s Not Rocket Science swatches & read my in-depth review!
Click here to see more Orly Lunar Eclipse swatches & read my in-depth review!
Click here to see more Orly Galaxy Girl swatches & read my in-depth review!
Click here to see more Orly Out of This World swatches & read my in-depth review!
Click here to see more Orly Space Cadet swatches & read my in-depth review!
Click here to see more Orly Halley’s Comet swatches & read my in-depth review!
- Name: Orly Cosmic FX Collection (Fall 2010)
- Amount: 18mL
- What I Paid: $5 per bottle (for all except Space Cadet & Halley’s Comet, which were sent to me for honest review)
- Colors Available:
- Where to Buy: Sally Beauty Supply, Orly, Trans Design & Head2Toe
Some Things to Consider
- These dry smooth (so you don’t have to worry about grittiness)
- Orly bottles have a rubberized cap that gives you better control over application (nice touch!)
- All the colors in this collection are 4-free (i.e. they don’t contain these toxic chemicals: Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) & Formaldehyde Resin)
- Trans Design originally sold these for $5 each, but now they’ve jacked up the price to $10 & all colors are available (as of August 30)
- Head2Toe offers them for $5 each, but Space Cadet is out of stock (as of August 30)
Check Your Stash for Dupes or Something Similar
- Halley’s Comet ‘dupes’: OPI Catch Me In Your Net & Zoya Charla
- It’s Not Rocket Science ‘dupes’: China Glaze Zombie Zest & Spa Ritual Optical Illusion
- Space Cadet ‘dupe’: MAC Mean and Green (from upcoming MAC Venomous Villains Collection) [Update December 15: Hard Candy’s Beetle is another dupe]
- Lunar Eclipse dupe: OPI Designer Series Magic
I’ve posted several swatches and reviewed each color in this collection. Check them out and let me know which ones you like the best!
This product was Mary’s winner for the 2010 Best Group Award.