Green is a colour that I’m always itching to wear, and OPI You Are So Outta Lime! from the Neon Collection was calling my name (but not like a mother telling you to make your bed)! 😉
This lime green is not for those who shy away from loud colours or who stay close to traditional fare.
OPI You Are So Outta Lime! is just the right punch of colour that says, “Hells yeah – I’ve arrived!”
Hehe, yeah, so apparently it’s a bit into itself. Can you blame it? (I can never blame a good green! Biased? A bit! Honest? Fo’ sho’!)
OPI You Are So Outta Lime! Pictures
OPI You Are So Outta Lime! Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI You Are So Outta Lime!
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Lime green (Yes)
- Name: OPI You Are So Outta Lime!
- Collection: OPI Neons Collection 2014
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Neons Collection 2014 press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my OPI Neons Collection 2014 Quick Look post
- Colours Available in the Collection: Life Gave Me Lemons, You Are So Outta Lime!, Juice Bar Hopping, Hotter Than You Pink, Push & Pur-Pull & Down to the Core-al
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, NailPolishCanada & select spas, salons & beauty-supply stores
OPI You Are So Outta Lime! Review
You Are So Outta Lime! by OPI is a bright, grassy green that reminds me of aliens (you know, ‘little green men’ – not that I’ve ever seen any. But I imagine that if they were hip enough to sport this shade, they’d score extra points from me.)
This almost has a bit of a pastel feel to it, but somehow it’s still very vibrant and saturated. Interesting!
When you wear more than one coat, it looks like a creme, but it dries down to a satin finish. I really suggest that, to maximize the colour and make your manicure look its best, you apply a shiny top coat. It puts the POW in KAPOW! 😉
Application & Formula
With a single coat, there were some sections that didn’t get even coverage, but when you put a second coat on, it builds up opacity quickly.
You could add a third coat, but I stopped at two because I used medium coats. If you’re using thin coats, then, yes, use three.
Since the finish without a top coat is satiny, it actually dries quite quickly on its own, which is a bonus!
Final Verdict: 7.5/10
You Are So Outta Lime! by OPI is a great colour for fellow green lovers. It’ll put the attention on your nails, and it’s very fun to wear!
Do you also picture little green men with little green manicures or pedicures? What’s the most recent green nail polish you wore? Which OPI Neon Collection shade are you digging the most?