Remember when I reviewed OPI Where Did Suzi’s Man-Go? a couple of days ago? I got on board the orange train, Choo-choooooo! My love for these kind of shades is still going strong.
Today, I bring you another orange nail-polish review. This time, it’s on OPI Toucan Do It If You Try from the Brazil Collection that’s scheduled to officially hit stores on February 5.
It has hints of tangerine, but it still has that softer look to it that really makes me think of warm weather, the sun beating down, and shedding the winter jacket.
Oh, I can’t wait for spring to come. (I’ve had enough of you, Old Man Winter. No offence!)
OPI Toucan Do It If You Try Pictures
OPI Toucan Do It If You Try Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Toucan Do It If You Try
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Orange (Yes)
- Name: OPI Toucan Do It If You Try
- Collection: OPI Brazil Collection 2014
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Brazil Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my Quick Look post on the OPI Brazil Collection
- Colours Available in the Collection: Next Stop…The Bikini Zone, Don’t Bossa Nova Me Around, Taupe-less Beach, I São Paulo Over There, OPI Scores a Goal!, AmazON…AmazOFF, I Just Can’t Cope-acabana, Where Did Suzi’s Man-go?, Toucan Do It If You Try, Kiss Me I’m Brazilian, Live.Love.Carnaval & Red Hot Rio
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select spas, salons & beauty-supply stores (starting February 5)
OPI Toucan Do It If You Try Review
If you’re looking for a shade that adds some sizzle to your nails and you’re the type of person who loves wearing colours that you don’t see on everyone, I think Toucan Do It If You Try by OPI is a great choice.
I don’t know about where you live, but in my neighbourhood, I hardly see anyone with orange fingertips. That’s only part of the reason why I’m starting to become more intrigued by this colour territory.
Toucan Do It If You Try by OPI isn’t a pale orange. It has some bite to it without being dark.
Here’s another great creme polish. (OPI does them so well, don’t they?)
It has a clean look that’s simple and fresh. Since it’s a creme, it’s smooth and easy-peasy to remove.
Application & Formula
Applying Toucan Do It If You Try by OPI was smooth, and it went on easily. It was pigmented right from the get-go, but I used my usual 2 coats to ensure that I got complete coverage.
Final Verdict: 9/10
Yup, I think I’m getting really into oranges like never before. I want to try them all now and find out what other ones work with my skin tone!
If you aren’t sure about oranges on your fingertips yet, I encourage you to give this one a try. It’ll pleasantly surprise you!
Do you wear orange nail polish more during Hallowe’en than any other time of year? Would you wear orange nail polish with orange lipstick?