OPI Suzi Shops & Island Hops from the Hawaii Collection reminds me of cotton candy because it looks sweet!
If you’ve followed me for even a short period of time, you know that I’m not the biggest fan of pink (well, unless it’s neon and if it’s tackier than a bumble bee wearing yellow-and-black herringbone to the Beehive Bistro).
That wasn’t always the case.
Up until the second grade or so, pink was my favourite colour. And I didn’t just like it. I loved it like something fierce!
There was a time when I would wear pink from head to toe for a long stretch of time when I went to school. And even after that, no outfit was ever complete without at least one pink accent. 😉
Something interesting, though, is that while green is my favourite colour now as an adult, I hardly have any green clothes or fashion accessories. I strictly keep my favourite colour for my nails. Weird, right? (Or maybe it’s just that I don’t come across many green clothes that fit me. Hmm…should I head to the North Pole and rally up Santa’s elves to start their own fashion line? That’d be a start.)
P.S. I hope that you’ve been enjoying my back-to-back-to-back (hehe) in-depth reviews on the OPI Hawaii Collection nail polishes! Next week, I’ll have more for you.
P.P.S. If you can’t wait until next week, and you want to see quick swatches and bottle shots of all 12 colours in the OPI Hawaii Collection, check out the quick-look post! You may also want to see my detailed OPI Hawaii Collection Media Launch recap!
P.P.P.S. If you stick around really soon (hint hint), I’m going to announce a fun nail-polish giveaway (open worldwide). It’s not going to be for the OPI Hawaii polishes, but it’s for something else that I just had to buy because it made me think of you, my awesome readers! 😉
OPI Suzi Shops & Island Hops Pictures
OPI Suzi Shops & Island Hops Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 3 coats of OPI Suzi Shops & Island Hops
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Sweet pink (Yes)
- Name: OPI Suzi Shops & Island Hops
- Collection: OPI Hawaii Collection 2015
- Press Release & Quick Look: Click here to see my OPI Hawaii Collection swatches, bottle shots & the official press release
- Media Launch Recap: I attended the exclusive OPI Hawaii Collection Media Launch. Click here to read my recap post!
- Colours Available in the Collection: That’s Hula-rious!, My Gecko Does Tricks, Do You Take Lei Away?, Is Mai Tai Crooked?, Go with the Lava Flow, Aloha from OPI, Suzi Shops & Island Hops, Just Lanai-ing Around, Hello Hawaii Ya?, This Color’s Making Waves, Lost My Bikini in Molokini & Pineapples Have Peelings Too!
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR. It retails for $9.95 CAD.)
- Where to Buy: NailPolishCanada, Trade Secrets & select spas, salons & beauty-supply stores (The collection will officially be released on February 4, 2015.)
OPI Suzi Shops & Island Hops Review
Suzi Shops & Island Hops by OPI is a really cute pale pink that I feel many people from the very young to the young at heart will enjoy.
It’s a colour that looks soft and pretty. Hehe, it’s not like I’m an insane person (well, not usually), but this colour is very tame for me. I tend to go for shades that knock you over your head and stare you in the eye without blinking.
That being said, when I wore this one, I was looking at my nails a lot. It’s a novel colour for me because i don’t wear pale pinks often. (At one point, they didn’t even seem like ‘my hands’. Hehe! Guess I’m so used to wearing contrasting shades or crazy hues.) 😉
Cremes are really popular right now, and I don’t know anyone who doesn’t dig cremes. They’re simple, yes, but by the time you go to removing the polish, it’s always smooth sailing with a creme. Gotta love it for that, right?
Application & Formula
The formula was smooth and easy to work with, however, I definitely needed three coats to even out any streakiness. So I wouldn’t call this polish pigmented by any means. You have to put in the effort and time to get it to look opaque. If you’re a fan of light pinks, it may be worth it for you.
Final Verdict: 6/10
I’m just not a big pale-pink fan, so while this colour was novel for me to sport, it didn’t make my heart race. For those who love pinks, this will be a wonderful choice because it’s classy yet youthful at the same time.
Are you enjoying the back-to-back-to-back OPI Hawaii Collection reviews? How often do you wear pink nail polish? Which shade would you like me to review next?