Move aside, Molly Ringwald! Why be Pretty in Pink when you can be OPI Super Cute in Pink?
A peppy pink from the OPI Hello Kitty Collection sends your nails a love letter that’s signed, sealed, and delivered! With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, it’s great timing.
It’s been an OPI Week, as you’ll notice that I’ve been doing back-to-back reviews of OPI Hello Kitty Collection nail polishes. I hope that you’ve been enjoying the posts so far! It has been a blast for me because pink is a colour that I don’t wear as often on my nails as other hues. This week has allowed me to explore more colour territory.
For those who aren’t crazy about pink, you’ll be happy to know that other colours (as well as other brands) will be reviewed soon. Hehe, I was just on a pink roll lately.
OPI Super Cute in Pink Pictures
All the nail polishes in the OPI Hello Kitty Collection have a wrapper on the handle featuring this fun pattern!
OPI Super Cute in Pink Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Maintenance version (Used as a base coat)
- 3 coats of OPI Super Cute in Pink
- Rica Glossy Glam Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Pink (Yes)
- Name: OPI Super Cute in Pink
- Collection: OPI Hello Kitty Collection 2016
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI Hello Kitty Collection 2016 press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Kitty White, Charmmy & Sugar, Let’s Be Friends, Look at My Bow!, Small + Cute = ♥, Spoken from the Heart, Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel, Super Cute in Pink, My Twin Mimmy, 5 Apples Tall, My Pal Joey & Never Have Too Mani Friends
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $12.50 CAD
- Disclosure: This was provided as a press sample by PR.
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, Nail Polish Canada, Hudson’s Bay, professional salons, BeautyBrands.com, Chatters, Dillard’s, Regis & ULTA stores (I didn’t see it on their website.)
OPI Super Cute in Pink Review
If a bubblegum Barbie pink isn’t in your colour wheelhouse, you may prefer Super Cute in Pink by OPI, since it has berry undertones.
There are two faces to this polish. In bright light, the pink comes out more, but in dim light, the purple side shines through. It’s one of those colours that ventures into that transitional nail-polish Twilight Zone. Is it a pink-toned purple or a purple-toned pink? Which came first: the chicken or the egg?
Super Cute in Pink by OPI has a finish that’s a wonderful mix between a creme and a jelly. It has a squishy look to it that’s deliciously glossy, and I think that the finish adds a ‘cute quality’ to the overall look.
Application & Formula
Just as you would expect from a jelly, this polish is incredibly smooth and applies very easily. However, it detours from a standard jelly because you can build up the coverage with multiple coats.
The first coat is sheer to the point where this polish would be excellent to use for a glitter-sandwich manicure where you layer a glitter polish with a jelly, so the glitter peeks through and you get a lot of depth. In this way, OPI Super Cute in Pink is very versatile.
With the second coat, you get significantly better coverage, but the nail line is still visible.
Finally, with a third coat, I got nearly opaque coverage. The nail line is only slightly visible at this stage. (You could get complete opacity with another coat, but I chose to stop at three.)
Final Verdict: 8/10
All of the OPI Hello Kitty Collection nail polishes that I’ve reviewed so far would be great choices to incorporate into a Valentine’s Day manicure. They’re all peppy and very versatile. You could mix and match a bunch of them to create original nail art.
OPI Super Cute in Pink is interesting to me because in different lighting conditions, it can appear pink or more purple. Plus the glossy finish takes the polish to the next level!
Would you consider this polish to be a pink-based purple or a purple-based pink? Will this lacquer be your nail Valentine? What is the strangest or funniest Hello-Kitty-branded product that you’ve ever seen?