There’s no ignoring OPI Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel – in my beauty book, it’s one of the stars in the Hello Kitty Collection that will make you look twice!
In the bottle, it looks pretty, but it wasn’t until I wore it on my nails that I unleashed the Pink Panther dancing to disco. What a sight! (I nearly had my eyes poked out.)
If you want the ultimate princess manicure, this is it! It twinkles like a jewel-encrusted tiara, and it’s pink like a traditional ball gown.
I’m not even the biggest fan of pink, but this one got my manicure motor humming.
OPI Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel Pictures
All the OPI Hello Kitty Collection nail polishes have this cute wrapper on the handle!
OPI Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Maintenance version (Used as a base coat)
- 3 coats of OPI Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel
- Rica Glossy Glam Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Pink glitter (Yes)
- Name: OPI Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel
- Collection: OPI Hello Kitty Collection 2016
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI Hello Kitty Collection 2016 press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Kitty White, Charmmy & Sugar, Let’s Be Friends, Look at My Bow!, Small + Cute = ♥, Spoken from the Heart, Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel, Super Cute in Pink, My Twin Mimmy, 5 Apples Tall, My Pal Joey & Never Have Too Mani Friends
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $12.50 CAD
- Disclosure: This was provided as a press sample by PR.
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, Nail Polish Canada, Hudson’s Bay, professional salons, BeautyBrands.com, Chatters, Dillard’s, Regis & ULTA stores (I didn’t see it on their website.)
OPI Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel Review
Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel by OPI is an explosive pink that’s like a sequin dress on a songbird who has the reputation for being a diva.
There’s nothing demure about this nail polish. It wants your undivided attention, and if you don’t give it to her, she’s going to hit that high note that makes all the wine glasses shatter!
What a flashy fuchsia!
Officially described as a super glitter, it certainly delivers on the bling. From any angle and any lighting condition, your nails are sure to dazzle. All the small pieces of glitter reflect the light constantly, so you’ll never have a ho-hum manicure.
Since it has a lot of glitter, it’s not as easy to remove as a creme polish, but it also wasn’t the most stubborn glitter that I’ve ever worn.
The first coat had minimal texture, but the interesting thing is that after multiple coats, it seemed to get smoother. Not sure how that works.
Application & Formula
At first, I contemplated using this as a layering polish, but after testing it out on a piece of paper, I noticed that it had decent coverage. So, I rolled up my sleeves and went full throttle.
The first coat still showed my natural nails. After two coats, it covered more. By the third (and last) coat, it reached complete opacity. You shouldn’t need additional coats beyond that.
The formulation wasn’t thick or clumpy. The lacquer glided onto my nails easily, and I didn’t have to push around the glitter to get even coverage. Using my usual painting technique, it applied properly and was able to build up quickly.
Before I applied my top coat, I touched the surface of one nail because I was curious if this dried fast, which is typical of many glittery polishes. Yes! It dries quickly, so you can really whip through the painting process with this polish. No need to wait in between coats.
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
OPI Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel? Umm…no! It should be OPI Starry-Eyed for Dear Mary! I felt like this polish was putting on its A Game for me, and it was difficult to not stare at my manicure the whole time I wore it.
Does this OPI nail polish put stars in your eyes? Will you be wearing a creme or glittery pink this Valentine’s Day…or something else?