Akin to a statement lipstick that announces your arrival with a flourish of trumpets, OPI My Pal Joey from the Hello Kitty Collection adds a splash of colour – a boisterous blue!
If ever your nails feel sleepy from soft shades, slap this sucker on, and wake them up. Wearing OPI My Pal Joey is so satisfying like hitting a gong, and it’s ideal for adding a pop of colour to any neutral outfit.
With today’s post, I’m pleased to tell you I’ve finished publishing separate reviews on all 12 colours in the OPI Hello Kitty Collection!
If you’d like to see all the swatches and individual reviews on hues from the collection, you can find links to them in the ‘Key Notes’ section on each shade’s page, as well as on the collection post (linked above)!
OPI My Pal Joey Pictures
All the nail polishes in the OPI Hello Kitty Collection have a cute printed design on the handle’s wrapper!
OPI My Pal Joey Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Maintenance version (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI My Pal Joey
- Rica Glossy Glam Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- True blue (Yes)
- Name: OPI My Pal Joey
- Collection: OPI Hello Kitty Collection 2016
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI Hello Kitty Collection 2016 press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Kitty White, Charmmy & Sugar, Let’s Be Friends, Look at My Bow!, Small + Cute = ♥, Spoken from the Heart, Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel, Super Cute in Pink, My Twin Mimmy, 5 Apples Tall, My Pal Joey & Never Have Too Mani Friends
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $12.50 CAD
- Disclosure: The base and top coats were purchased by me. OPI My Pal Joey is a press sample provided by PR.
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, Nail Polish Canada, Hudson’s Bay, professional salons, BeautyBrands.com, Chatters, Dillard’s, Regis & ULTA stores & ULTA website
OPI My Pal Joey Review
My Pal Joey by OPI is crisp like the cold morning air in February, but its bold, medium, oceanic blue would warm any nail-polish enthusiast’s heart.
As advertised, it’s certainly a ‘true blue,’ and it reminds me of the first blue crayon that I ever used on my first day in kindergarten…which was yesterday. 😉
Finish & Removal
The colour sings its solo to a standing ovation, thanks to the creme finish that doesn’t muffle its performance by bringing in a marching band and baton twirler.
While the finish makes this polish easy to remove, you may notice that some of the blue transfers onto your cuticles. But – don’t worry! In my experience with this polish (I’ve worn it twice already), it didn’t stain my nails. Granted, I used a great base coat, which is what you should always wear whenever you polish your nails. Protecting your natural nails is very important!
Just use your polish remover to get as much of the blue off as you can. Then, use a good soap to lather your hands up. Rinse. Repeat. Most, if not all, of the blue should come off.
Application & Formula
My Pal Joey by OPI has a smooth formula with a great consistency that’s not watery, but not thick, either. It’s just right, Baby Bear!
One coat by itself had great pigmentation, but I used two coats to ensure even coverage. I didn’t feel a need to apply another coat.
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
Ooooohhh! True blue, baby, I love you! 😉
OPI My Pal Joey made me (and my nails) swoon with little hearts for pupils. It’s bright, but not neon, and bold, but not too flashy (hehe, at least for me).
If you are a fan of blue nail polish, give this one a go. It’s great for creating a statement manicure!
Which of the 12 shades in the OPI Hello Kitty Collection is your favourite? Are you in love with this blue as much as I am? What colour do you wear to ‘wake up’ your nails?