While you may be feeling the brighter shades during the warm season, I still want to show you OPI Incognito in Sausalito.
It’s from the upcoming OPI San Francisco Collection for Fall/Winter, which will officially hit stores on August 7.
You got a peek at it recently when I layered it underneath OPI Minnie Style, a whimsical magenta-and-white-hexagon-glitter polish.
If you’re looking for a vampy shade that’s really dark, but that just has a sliver of navy blue, this might be something you’ll gravitate toward.
OPI Incognito in Sausalito Pictures
OPI Incognito in Sausalito Swatches
All swatches have:
- Essie First Base (Base Coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Incognito in Sausalito
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Almost-black blue (Yes)
- Name: OPI Incognito in Sausalito
- Collection: OPI San Francisco Collection Fall/Winter 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI San Francisco Collection press release & quick swatches of all the shades
- Colours Available in the Collection: A-Piers to Be Tan, Dining al Frisco, Haven’t the Foggiest, Peace & Love & OPI, Keeping Suzi at Bay, Incognito in Sausalito, Lost on Lombard, I Knead Sour-Dough, Muir Muir on the Wall, In the Cable Car-Pool Lane, Embarca-Dare Ya!, First Date at the Golden Gate, It’s All San Andreas’s Fault (Liquid Sand), Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! (Liquid Sand) & Alcatraz…Rocks (Liquid Sand)
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select beauty-supply stores, spas & salons (Available August 7)
OPI Incognito in Sausalito Review
Incognito in Sausalito by OPI is exactly what they claim – a near-black blue. I really have to be in a specific mood to wear near-black polishes. Most of the time, I want my manicure to be midnight black or a noticeable colour. However, there are some rare occasions when I like just a hint of colour in a blackened base.
In the bottle, the blue looks a lot lighter, but when I applied it to my nails, it definitely was more black than blue.
It’s the type of blackened shade that tends to look black in most lighting conditions, except under bright sunlight.
The creme finish is wonderful, rich, and smooth. It’s no-nonsense, and it complements the shade very well.
Application & Formula
Application was wonderful because the formula is pretty much perfect! It glided on easily, and wow, it was so opaque! With just a single coat, it looked like full coverage right off the bat! But, I added a second coat just out of habit.
Incognito in Sausalito by OPI was a joy to paint with, and this is an example of how when OPI gets it right, they really knock it out of the park. I’ll definitely be turning to this polish the next time I want to sport something that’s almost black.
Final Verdict: 8/10
Maybe it’s surprising that I’m giving a near-black shade such a high score. Normally near-black polishes frustrate me because, as many of my readers know, I live for bold, bright, obnoxious colour that hits you over the head with a plush toy! 😉
But, I had to give it up to OPI on this one because Incognito in Sausalito has such an impressive formula, and that always accounts for something!
Do you wear near-black shades? Do you own OPI Lincoln Park After Dark? (Remember when it was the “It” shade?)