Well, it looks like I’m on the homestretch when it comes to reviewing the nail polishes in the OPI San Francisco Collection! After this post on OPI I Knead Sour-Dough, I have just have 3 more to go.
Actually, I’ve already worn them all, but it’s now just a matter of cropping and uploading photos and preparing posts. 🙂 I’ll try to have them up ASAP. Really want to show you prior to the official August 7 release!
OPI I Knead Sour-Dough is like no other polish that I own. Okay, so I don’t have too many neutrals in my collection, but even so, I haven’t seen too many that look like this.
OPI I Knead Sour-Dough Pictures
OPI I Knead Sour-Dough Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI I Knead Sour-Dough
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Toasty warm brown (Yes)
- Name: OPI I Knead Sour-Dough
- Collection: OPI San Francisco Collection Fall/Winter 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI San Francisco Collection press release & quick swatches of all the shades
- Colours Available in the Collection: A-Piers to Be Tan, Dining al Frisco, Haven’t the Foggiest, Peace & Love & OPI, Keeping Suzi at Bay, Incognito in Sausalito, Lost on Lombard, I Knead Sour-Dough, Muir Muir on the Wall, In the Cable Car-Pool Lane, Embarca-Dare Ya!, First Date at the Golden Gate, It’s All San Andreas’s Fault (Liquid Sand), Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! (Liquid Sand) & Alcatraz…Rocks (Liquid Sand)
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select beauty-supply stores, spas & salons (Available August 7)
OPI I Knead Sour-Dough Review
The reddish-brown base reminds me a little of the soil on Prince Edward Island. I went there once with my parents when I was younger, and it was a lot of fun. We went to Lobster on the Wharf, checked out the Anne of Green Gables store (Yes, I’m a fan of Anne Shirley! It’s where my love of redheads began.), and we walked all around Charlottetown. Good memories!
I Knead Sour-Dough by OPI is way more interesting than a typical brown polish (which, by the way, doesn’t usually excite me). It’s the slight reddish shimmer that spices it up and transforms the lacquer into something truly unique.
I Knead Sour-Dough by OPI has a shimmer finish, so when the light hits it and you move your fingers, it looks really pretty. You see the shimmer more prominently on the middle of the nail.
Application & Formula
The formula is wonderful, and it goes on very creamy. With just 2 coats, you can fully cover the nail without any visible nail lines. The formula is easy to control, but, haha, if you rush like I did, you may not get stellar results. Nevertheless, a manicure doesn’t have to be flawless for you to enjoy it. 🙂 Remember, happiness is more important than perfection!
(Yes, I keep repeating my personal mantra in hopes that you will believe it as much as I do. With so many pressures that people face, I think we need to cut ourselves some slack for the smaller things in life.)
Final Verdict: 8/10
Normally I don’t go crazy over brown nail polishes, but there’s something so different about OPI I Knead Sour-Dough! I really enjoyed wearing this polish, and I appreciated the twist in the form of unexpected shimmer.
When the weather takes a dip in the fall, I’m sure I’ll love this polish even more because it definitely has a toasty, autumnal personality.
Do you mainly wear brown polish in the fall? What’s your most-used brown nail polish? Out of all the San Francisco Collection shades I’ve shown so far, which are on your to-buy list?