Starting off the week is OPI Haven’t the Foggiest, which is a shimmery metallic silver from the upcoming San Francisco Collection (due out on August 7).
When I was in high school, I used to wear a lot of metallic nail polish (particularly silver), but after, I rarely did.
Silver sometimes is a hard colour for me to wear on my nails because I have warm undertones.
Maybe there’s a trick to picking out warmer-toned silvers, but I have yet to figure it out because I simply don’t buy enough silvers in general.
Even though I don’t wear them enough, what I will say is that I do appreciate how clean and bright a good metallic silver looks on fingertips.
OPI Haven’t the Foggiest Pictures
OPI Haven’t the Foggiest Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Haven’t the Foggiest
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Misty grey (Yes)
- Name: OPI Haven’t the Foggiest
- Collection: OPI San Francisco Collection Fall/Winter 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI San Francisco Collection press release & quick swatches of all the shades
- Colours Available in the Collection: A-Piers to Be Tan, Dining al Frisco, Haven’t the Foggiest, Peace & Love & OPI, Keeping Suzi at Bay, Incognito in Sausalito, Lost on Lombard, I Knead Sour-Dough, Muir Muir on the Wall, In the Cable Car-Pool Lane, Embarca-Dare Ya!, First Date at the Golden Gate, It’s All San Andreas’s Fault (Liquid Sand), Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! (Liquid Sand) & Alcatraz…Rocks (Liquid Sand)
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select beauty-supply stores, spas & salons (Available August 7)
OPI Haven’t the Foggiest Review
Haven’t the Foggiest by OPI is a brighter pots-and-pans type of silver. And since I didn’t see any gold or copper mixed in (it’s definitely a true grey-silver), it’s cool-toned.
This is a colour that interestingly enough can be flashy (due to the metallic nature), but it’s not totally in-your-face like a smooth chrome (because of the sparkly shimmer).
It has a shimmery, strong-metallic finish that reflects a lot of light. From far away, it could look like brushed chrome.
It was completely smooth, and I found it very easy to remove later on.
Also, it seemed to look exactly the same with or without a top coat.
Application & Formula
Haven’t the Foggiest by OPI surprised me. I initially thought that the formula would be sheer or really thin. But, when I applied the first coat, I was blown away by the awesome pigmentation. It looked pretty much like a one-coater, if you apply coats of medium thickness like I do! (Only because I’m in the habit of applying 2 coats did I do so.)
The formula was extremely easy to control, so application was a snap. I had absolutely no issues struggling with the polish to get it where I wanted it to go.
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
Even though I am not the biggest silver-nail-polish advocate, I gave Haven’t the Foggiest by OPI a high score because the colour went on pigmented and perfectly. (I just took off half a point because silver isn’t my favourite. If you dig silver, this could be your perfect 10!)
Sure, this nail polish may be called Haven’t the Foggiest, but it sure does ‘have a clue’ when it comes to what it takes to be an awesome polish! 😉
Do you wear silver nail polish frequently? What is your most-reached-for metallic lacquer? Are you getting more excited about the OPI San Francisco Collection? (We’re getting closer to the release date!)
Edit: Yay! Trade Secrets retweeted this review to their followers!