Yes, it appears like this deep, rich, forest green initially, but when you wear it, as you move your hands and look at your nails at different angles, you’ll see a reddish-based brown come to the party!
I love this duochrome! *Swoons*
Don’t solely judge this polish based on the photo on the left. (Be sure to look at the others later on in this post, so you can enjoy the magic that is this amazing duochrome!)
The whole time I wore this (actually, it’s still on my nails as this blog post will be live!), I kept thinking of The Wicked Witch of the West every time I looked down at my nails. I think that’s so cool how it’s such a ‘wicked’ nail polish.
OPI doesn’t put out too many green nail polishes, unfortunately, so when they came out with this one, which has a strong duochrome, I was so ecstatic!
P.S. Remember, there’s still time to enter my OPI Nordic Collection + OPI Wipes worldwide giveaway (ends August 6) and my Pretty Serious Swatch And Learn autographed bottle worldwide giveaway with 4 winners (ends August 15)!
OPI Green on the Runway Pictures
OPI Green on the Runway Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Green on the Runway
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Green (Yes)
- Name: OPI Green on the Runway
- Collection: OPI Coca-Cola Collection 2014
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Coca-Cola Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see the Quick Look post I did on the OPI Coca-Cola Collection
- Colours Available in the Collection: Coca-Cola Red, You’re So Vain-illa, Get Cherried Away, My Signature Is “DC”, Today I Accomplished Zero, Green on the Runway, A Grape Affair, Orange You Fantastic! & Sorry I’m Fizzy Today
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, NailPolishCanada & select beauty-supply stores, spas & salons
OPI Green on the Runway Review
Ooohhh, just look at how rich and strong the green base of Green on the Runway by OPI is! I am really swooning because I’m a green lover, yes, but I also especially have a thing for strong greens!
When you first paint your nails with it, it looks gorgeous as-is, but then you’ll carry on your day and notice that, hey, at certain angles, a reddish brown makes a magical appearance like Glinda the Good Witch of the North! (But its colour resembles more of The Wicked Witch of the West!) 😉
I love how this is a strong duochrome because it’s pretty unique for OPI to make a green-based one. Woo hoo! Please make MORE greens, OPI!
Green on the Runway by OPI has an obvious shimmery duochrome finish that I know you’ll enjoy, too. It always looks lively on your nails, never flat or boring!
Application & Formula
Painting with this one was a joy because the coverage was wonderful – I only needed two coats to achieve full opacity, and I didn’t feel the need to use a third, because the duochrome was already strong enough.
Final Verdict: 10/10
Green on the Runway by OPI deserves a really high score, and I gave it the highest one because I love everything about it, and I’m so happy to see OPI put out a cool green that shifts to a fun reddish brown! It has a great formula, and the shimmer in the finish brings it to life on your nails! 🙂
Are you also a green fiend? How many greens by OPI do you own? What’s your favourite green nail polish by OPI?