I’m stuck on OPI Got Myself into a Jam-balaya from the New Orleans Collection!
When the mercury rises, coral nail polishes spring to mind like a Slinky making its way along the stairs.
While I embrace wearing the rainbow regardless of what is ‘seasonally appropriate,’ I get coral cravings the most at the tail end of winter and continuing through to the final lazy, hazy days of summer.
The way OPI Got Myself into a Jam-balaya appears pink one moment and then orange-leaning the next is what entices me and maintains my interest in it throughout the day. Plus when some pinks clash against my skin, a captivating coral rarely lets me down. Ole Dependable!
OPI Got Myself into a Jam-balaya Pictures
OPI Got Myself into a Jam-balaya Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Maintenance version (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Got Myself into a Jam-balaya
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Mixture of spice & creamy peach (Yes – that’s a unique way of describing coral)
- Name: OPI Got Myself into a Jam-balaya
- Collection: OPI New Orleans Collection Spring/Summer 2016
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI New Orleans Collection press release!
- Quick Look: Click here to see my swatches & bottle shots of all 12 shades in the OPI New Orleans Collection!
- Colours Available in the Collection: Let Me Bayou a Drink, Spare Me a French Quarter?, Humidi-Tea, She’s a Bad Muffuletta!, Suzi Nails New Orleans, Got Myself into a Jam-balaya, I Manicure for Beads, Crawfishin’ for a Compliment!, Take a Right on Bourbon, I’m Sooo Swamped!, Rich Girls & Po-Boys & Show Us Your Tips!
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $12.50 CAD
- Disclosure: The base and top coats were purchased by me. OPI Got Myself into a Jam-balaya is a press sample provided by PR.
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, Nail Polish Canada, Hudson’s Bay, professional salons, BeautyBrands.com, Chatters, Dillard’s, Regis & ULTA stores & ULTA website
OPI Got Myself into a Jam-balaya Review
Bright and bubbly like a high-school cheerleader, perky Got Myself into a Jam-balaya by OPI is the quintessential coral that leans pink at first glance, but then orange the next.
The summery shade may make you think of wearing flip flops on the beach in your flamingo-printed skirt. It has sunshine and a feel-good vibe built in.
As with many bright colours like this, I feel that it looks very flattering on a wide range of skin tones, making it the kind of polish that you can slap on in a pinch without having to think twice if it’ll clash or give you alien-esque hands. (Not that there’s anything wrong with alien-esque manicures. I’ve been known to sport my fair share of offbeat colours that I love, even if others may consider them to be ‘weird.’)
Got Myself into a Jam-balaya by OPI is a creme nail polish that offers simplicity and comfort with the fact that it can be removed quickly and with ease. Also, the finish allows your nails to appear very shiny.
Application & Formula
Using two medium coats, I was able to achieve full coverage without any hiccups like bald patches. The formula also had a smooth consistency that was easy to apply.
How Does It Compare to OPI Sorry I’m Fizzy Today?
Edit: Since some people may be curious, I decided to include this. They are both very similar, so if you have one, you don’t necessarily need the other. However, I feel that Got Myself into a Jam-balaya is a tad lighter. Also, I’ve been really into corals lately, and maybe it’s because this one seems to pop on me more in person, but I much prefer Got Myself into a Jam-balaya. (In case you’d like to see the separate review I did in 2014 on OPI Sorry I’m Fizzy Today, click the link.)
Got Myself into a Jam-balaya by OPI is free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, and DBP, which you may appreciate if you’re allergic to those ingredients, or if you’re making conscious shopping decisions.
Final Verdict: 8.5/10
Come to mama, coral!
With winter soon on its way out, I’m welcoming warm weather and colours that remind me of blissful summers.
OPI Got Myself into a Jam-balaya is one of my handful of favourites from the New Orleans Collection, and if you are just starting to build your arsenal of nail polishes, this is a great staple to include.
What colour do you crave when the weather heats up? Which are your top picks from the OPI New Orleans Collection?