OPI Can’t Afjord Not To is from the Nordic Collection, which comes out on August 6th.
It’s actually part of a fall/winter collection, but I’m so happy to see that there’s a “seasonally inappropriate” shade in the mix.
That makes me really happy because, if you know me, you know that I don’t let the month dictate how much fun I can have with colour.
If I want to wear a bright shade in the dead of winter, I’ll do it. And if I choose to rock a vampy hue on a sweltering summer’s day, I’m as happy as a clam. (I’ve always wondered about that saying. How happy are clams really? We ought to ask them.) 😉
Back to the polish, Can’t Afjord Not To is very summery and happy-go-lucky to me. In short, I wanted it on my nails the minute I laid eyes on it!
Edit: Enter to win the entire OPI Nordic Collection & OPI Wipes in my worldwide giveaway to celebrate my 4-year blogiversary!
OPI Can’t Afjord Not To Pictures
OPI Can’t Afjord Not To Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Can’t Afjord Not To
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Creamy coral (Yes)
- Name: OPI Can’t Afjord Not To
- Collection: OPI Nordic Collection Fall/Winter 2014
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI Nordic Collection press release
- Giveaway: Click here to see the details on how you could win the entire OPI Nordic Collection & OPI Wipes in my worldwide giveaway to celebrate my 4-year blogiversary!
- Colours Available in the Collection: Going My Way or Norway?, Ice-Bergers & Fries, OPI with a Nice Finn-ish, My Voice is a Little Norse, Can’t aFjörd Not To, How Great is Your Dane?, My Dogsled is a Hybrid, Suzi Has a Swede Tooth, Do You Have this Color in Stock-holm?, Thank Glogg It’s Friday!, Viking in a Vinter Vonderland & Skating on Thin Ice-Land
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, NailPolishCanada & select beauty-supply stores, spas & salons (Available starting August 6, 2014.)
OPI Can’t Afjord Not To Review
Can’t Afjord Not To by OPI is a gorgeous orange that looks summery, but I’d wear it any time that I’d want a little mood booster. Orange is such a happy shade, and it never fails to disappoint me.
It’s bright, but it doesn’t tip-toe into neon territory, so those who aren’t into the crazy-bright shades will still be able to sport it confidently.
This has a creme finish, which really allows the colour to pop! I can see fellow nailphiles doing lots of fun nail art using this as the base.
Application & Formula
The formula was very creamy and easy to work with. I only need two coats to get full coverage, and I didn’t see any bald patches. Great formula!
Final Verdict: 8/10
Can’t Afjord Not To by OPI is one of those shades that I’ll certainly wear again when I want to lift my spirits. It’s such a happy colour, and I love it so much!
Is there a colour from the OPI Nordic Collection that you’d like me to review next? What’s on your nails today? Do you wear polishes on your nails, even if they’re ‘seasonally inappropriate’?