As we get closer to Christmas, I’m trying to wear more festive red nail polishes. It’s not that I don’t like reds other times of the year. It’s just that greens capture my heart. 😉
I’ve received numerous compliments about OPI Amore at the Grand Canal from the Venice Collection, and even though it’s a simple red creme nail polish, it just shows you that sometimes, simplicity is appreciated!
In the next little while, I plan to bring you some freehand nail art. I’m going to try painting some fun designs, so stay tuned.
OPI Amore at the Grand Canal Pictures
OPI Amore at the Grand Canal Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Maintenance version (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Amore at the Grand Canal
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Ravishing red (Yes)
- Name: OPI Amore at the Grand Canal
- Collection: OPI Venice Collection 2015
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI Venice Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my OPI Venice Collection Quick Look post
- Colours Available in the Collection: A Great Opera-tunity, It’s a Piazza Cake, Worth a Pretty Penne, Tiramisu for Two, Amore at the Grand Canal, Gimme a Lido Kiss, Be There in a Prosecco, I Cannoli Wear OPI, Gelato on My Mind, Purple Palazzo Pants, O Suzi Mio, My Gondola or Yours?, Venice the Party? (Limited-edition), Baroque…But Still Shopping! (Limited-edition) & St. Mark’s the Spot (Limited-edition)
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $9.95 CAD
- Disclosure: This was provided as a press sample by PR.
- Where to Buy: Hudson’s Bay, Nail Polish Canada, Trade Secrets & select beauty-supply stores
OPI Amore at the Grand Canal Review
Elegant and demure, Amore at the Grand Canal by OPI is a classic red that’s easy to sport. It’s nothing crazy, but it’s sophisticated, traditional, and feminine.
Since the holidays are quickly approaching, I decided to slick on this shade. (I ended up putting some glitter on top, which you’ll see in a future post.) But even by itself, it’s fun and festive.
The creme finish makes this polish no-nonsence. It’s easy-going like Sunday morning, and it’s festive without having the elf bells and whistles. 😉
Also, I found it very easy to remove, which is typical of creme polishes. However, keep in mind that the red has a tendency to cling around your cuticles. Just wash your hands with soap a few times to reduce the redness. It doesn’t stain, so don’t worry!
Application & Formula
The application was easy peasy. Smooth to go on and fully opaque. Even with the first coat, I got wonderful coverage. With two coats, it covered all the nail lines.
Amore at the Grand Canal by OPI is a polish that could very well be your everyday polish, if you’re into reds. It’s not high-maintenance, and the even coverage is great!
Final Verdict: 8/10
If you’re looking for a holiday red nail polish that isn’t bright and that has a more subdued appearance, Amore at the Grand Canal by OPI is a great choice!
What’s your go-to holiday red nail polish? Have you ever been to the Grand Canal? What would you layer over OPI Amore at the Grand Canal to create a festive manicure?