I’m the type of person who can listen to Christmas music any time of year because it’s so cheerful, and whenever you’re in a bad mood, you just play a festive tune, and it’s like magic.
There are so many great songs that are like instant cheer, and Mariah Carey’s All I Want for Christmas Is You is certainly one of them. It just has that happy, feel-good vibe to it. That coupled with Mariah Carey’s outstanding singing voice is a perfect match!
This brings me to today’s post – a Christmas nail polish that you can wear any time of year to give you that holiday cheer. It’s OPI All I Want for Christmas (Is OPI) from the OPI Mariah Carey Holiday Collection!
My one piece of advice is that if you’re wearing a fast-drying top coat like I did with this polish, you may need to do some clean-up because it could shrink a little and leave behind raggedy edges.
OPI All I Want for Christmas (Is OPI) Pictures
OPI All I Want for Christmas (Is OPI) Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI All I Want for Christmas (Is OPI)
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Marvellous maroon (Yes)
- Name: OPI All I Want for Christmas (Is OPI)
- Collection: OPI Mariah Carey Collection for Holiday 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Mariah Carey Collection for Holiday 2013 press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Visions of Love, My Favorite Ornament, All I Want for Christmas (Is OPI), Cute Little Vixen, Underneath the Mistletoe, In My Santa Suit, Warm Me Up, Wonderous Star, All Sparkly and Gold, Sleigh Ride for Two, Ski Slope Sweetie, I Snow You Love Me, Silent Stars Go By, Baby Please Come Home, Make Him Mine, It’s Frosty Outside, Emotions & Kiss Me at Midnight
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select spa, salon & beauty-supply stores
OPI All I Want for Christmas (Is OPI) Review
All I Want for Christmas (Is OPI) is a bright, holiday red that isn’t quite as vibrant as Santa’s suit (yes, I’ve seen it in person…haha!), but it’s not dark. This is a great shade for when you want to wear a red, but don’t want it to be as vivid as a stop sign.
Although I don’t wear reds too often, when I do, I love how classy they make me feel. It’s a traditionally feminine colour that I can appreciate in between my greens and crazy colours. 😉
I was pleasantly surprised by the creme-jelly hybrid finish that All I Want for Christmas (Is OPI) has! It’s very shiny and squishy-looking, but it’s more pigmented than a standard jelly, so you get great coverage, too.
Before I wore it, when I just saw it in the bottle, I thought it was a creme. Then I unscrewed the cap and saw the polish was jelly-like! (A jelly polish is way more interesting than a run-of-the-mill creme.)
Application & Formula
As with all jelly polishes, this one applied like a dream – so smooth! And it was more pigmented than I expected, so I just used 2 coats to cover my nails comfortably.
When you remove this polish, it could leave behind a little red on your cuticle area. If you wash your hands several times, it eventually fades and then goes away, so don’t worry – nothing that’ll linger a long time!
You probably noticed that the edges are raggedy in my photos. That’s because the fast-drying top coat pulled at the nail polish and shrunk parts of it. So, if it bothers you, you may want to do some clean-up. (It didn’t bother me, so I just left it as-is.)
Final Verdict: 8.5/10
I really loved how classy OPI All I Want for Christmas (Is OPI) looked, and it definitely put me in the holiday spirit!
What red do you wear for some holiday spirit? Do you have a favourite Christmas carol? Have you finished all your Christmas shopping?
Edit: What an honour to be favourited on Twitter by a top PR firm!