OPI A Definite Moust-Have is now the 3rd nail polish I’ve reviewed from the OPI Couture de Minnie Collection.
When I first saw the bottle, I can’t say that it made my heart race like Usain Bolt. But, when I cracked it open and applied it, it won me over like a balcony serenade. In no time flat, my eyes transformed into cartoon hearts.
For one, it’s a pink that really pops and provides a great contrast against my skin tone. But what thoroughly impressed me was the absolutely perfect formula!
If you don’t have a medium pink in your collection yet, I highly suggest that you pick this up because it gives you great colour with zero fuss.
OPI A Definite Moust-Have Pictures
OPI A Definite Moust-Have Swatches
All swatches have:
- Essie First Base (Base Coat)
- 2 coats of A Definite Moust-Have
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Fuchsia (Yes)
- Name: OPI A Definite Moust-Have
- Collection: OPI Couture de Minnie Collection
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Couture de Minnie Collection press release & promo pictures
- Giveaway: Canadians, until May 24, 2013 at 11:59 pm Eastern, enter my giveaway to win the entire OPI Couture de Minnie Collection!
- Colours Available in the Collection: Magazine Cover Mouse (Liquid Sand), Chic from Ears to Tail, A Definite Moust-Have, Innie Minnie Mighty Bow & Minnie Style
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select beauty stores, spas & salons (Available in June)
OPI A Definite Moust-Have The Review
A Definite Moust-Have by OPI is a saturated medium reddish pink with some light shimmer. This is a colour that I don’t have a lot of in my collection, so it’s interesting to me. It’s the perfect Monkey-in-the-Middle colour between red and pink.
The shimmer in this polish seems to provide more of sheen than a contrasting in-your-face effect. I like how it’s simple and girly, yet not overly girly.
It’s a bit of a raspberry in colour, and it reminds me of fruit punch!
When I was a kid, my favourite drink was fruit punch, even though I hardly got to drink it because my mom didn’t want me to load up on sugar.
But, whenever I used to get a pack of gum (yes, my parents were fine with me chewing sugary gum. Go figure!), I usually chose the flavour fruit punch or grape. Yes, I went for the smelliest flavours, apparently. (My mom used to complain about how stinky the grape flavour smelled. She had a sensitive nose. Hehe, and part of the reason why I chose grape at times was exactly because of her reaction. Naughty Mary!) 😉
Application & Formula
Okay, here’s where I have to rave about A Definite Moust-Have by OPI. The formula was pure perfection! It goes on smoothly, evenly, and it’s very pigmented. Even if you don’t paint your nails often, you’ll find that this formula is so darn amazing, it’s like the polish is applying itself!
When OPI gets the formula right, they do such a bang-up job – so impressed! This is how nail polish should apply always!
Final Verdict: 9/10
The formula and the fact that A Definite Moust-Have pleasantly surprised me are the reasons why I’m rating it so high.
If you paint with this, you’ll see exactly why this is such a great polish. It’s very forgiving, and you could literally get a flawless manicure with little effort!
Is OPI A Definite Moust-Have a definite must-have for you? Which polish from the OPI Couture de Minnie Collection are you most excited about?