“How do you like them apples?”
Get fruity with OPI 5 Apples Tall from the Hello Kitty Collection!
Some of my favourite felines are Heathcliff, Grumpy Cat, and Hello Kitty. Their personalities are so different…like comparing apples to oranges.
Fashion-savvy, Hello Kitty sure knows how to accessorize. Her style is sometimes minimalist, but other times, she pulls out all the stops. (Watermelon dress, anyone?)
One accent she never forgets before she heads out the door? Her signature bow, of course! (On any given day, she reaches for a red bow that’s as iconic as red lipstick.)
OPI 5 Apples Tall precisely matches her red bow, which means that you can put the accurate finishing touch on Hello Kitty nail art, if that’s your jam.
Also, let’s talk about the adorable name. Apparently, it pays homage to Hello Kitty’s height!
If you bump into me at the grocery store, and I’m stacking apples, you can safely assume that I’m just measuring my height. Yeah, forget about what it says on my government-issued identification. I say that we should all have our height measured in apples! No, that wouldn’t cause confusion at all! 😉
Participate in my Twitter poll while you still can, and check back for the results!
— Swatch And Learn (@SwatchAndLearn) February 4, 2016
Who do you predict will be the Twitter poll winner?
OPI 5 Apples Tall Pictures
All the nail polishes in the OPI Hello Kitty Collection have this cute pattern on the handle’s wrapper.
OPI 5 Apples Tall Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Maintenance version (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of 5 Apples Tall
- Rica Glossy Glam Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Apple red (Yes)
- Name: OPI 5 Apples Tall
- Collection: OPI Hello Kitty Collection 2016
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI Hello Kitty Collection 2016 press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Kitty White, Charmmy & Sugar, Let’s Be Friends, Look at My Bow!, Small + Cute = ♥, Spoken from the Heart, Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel, Super Cute in Pink, My Twin Mimmy, 5 Apples Tall, My Pal Joey & Never Have Too Mani Friends
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $12.50 CAD
- Disclosure: This was provided as a press sample by PR.
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, Nail Polish Canada, Hudson’s Bay, professional salons, BeautyBrands.com, Chatters, Dillard’s, Regis & ULTA stores & ULTA website
OPI 5 Apples Tall Review
5 Apples Tall by OPI makes me immediately think of pin-up girls because it’s a retro cherry red that appears a touch softer than firetruck reds.
Unlike some of the other colours in the OPI Hello Kitty Collection that are jelly-creme hybrids, 5 Apples Tall has a standard creme finish. While it’s still shiny, it’s not as glossy as a jelly.
Application & Formula
Smooth and pigmented, 5 Apples Tall by OPI applies so well that I only needed two coats to reach full opacity. Also, the consistency of the polish wasn’t watery, so you can precisely control the nail polish with your brush without worry about accidentally flooding your cuticles.
Final Verdict: 7/10
With Valentine’s Day sneaking up on us, I’ll bet that many of you will be pulling out pinks and reds from your collection to deck your nails with something festive.
If you have OPI 5 Apples Tall, you may want to air it out and take it with you on date night!
Which red nail polish do you consider to be iconic? Do you have any Valentine’s Day traditions?