Nicole by OPI Teal Me Something New is one of the shades added to the general collection for 2014.
It’s a gorgeous polish, but boy was it ever challenging for me to photograph!
While Teal Me Something New appears like it’s a very bright aqua, it’s actually more of a medium true teal, so please don’t get confused by the colour inaccuracy of my photos.
Even though the colour is off, at least you can see how smooth the formula is.
Nicole by OPI Teal Me Something New Pictures
Nicole by OPI Teal Me Something New Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of Nicole by OPI Teal Me Something New
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Teal (Yes)
- Name: Nicole by OPI Teal Me Something New
- Collection: Nicole by OPI 2014 general collection
- Press Release: Click here to see the Nicole by OPI 2014 general collection press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Be Awesome, Sweet Surrender, Fabulous is My Middle Name, Always a Flirt!, Something About Spring, At Least I Pink So, I’ll Have the Salmon, Yoga-then-Yogurt, That’s Putting it Mild, Taupe of My Class, I Shop Mintage, Teal Me Something New, Oh That’s Just Grape!, The Blue is So You! & Emerald Empowered
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart Canada, Jean Coutu, Loblaw, and London Drug & wherever Nicole by OPI nail polishes are sold
Nicole by OPI Teal Me Something New Review
Funny how the promo picture I received is spot on in terms of colour accuracy, yet every single time I tried to snap photos of Nicole by OPI Teal Me Something New, my camera captured it as this bright aqua!
It’s indeed a green-toned medium teal and not aqua!
I loved how saturated the shade was and how it totally popped on the nail with its vibrancy.
Nicole by OPI Teal Me Something New has a creme finish, which allows the colour to shine through without letting a fancy finish distract you from it. Also, because it’s a creme, it’s very easy to remove.
Application & Formula
Can you say smooth like butter? It glided onto my nails without a hitch – smooth and pigmented. I used my usual 2 coats for complete coverage, and I had no application issues worth mentioning. This polish is easy to apply with a no-fuss formula. Love it!
Final Verdict: 8/10
Nicole by OPI Teal Me Something New is a highly pigmented shade with a vibrant look that I loved! The formula is superb, and the finish is simple and beautiful!
Funny how when I took a photo of the bottle for my Instagram, the colour was more accurate than when I photographed it with my camera for my blog! Well, at least I hope that you’ll be able to see the creaminess of the formula from my photos and how smooth and shiny it is. 🙂
What was the most recent teal nail polish you wore? Which colours from the Nicole by OPI 2014 collection are you interested in seeing next? What are some polish collections you’re looking forward to?