While wearing Nicole by OPI Scarlett from the Selena Gomez Collection coming to stores in January 2013, I couldn’t help but think of Katniss from The Hunger Games.
In the same vein that Katniss is The Girl on Fire, this red nail polish comes to life and gives you a manicure that’s on fire!
However, I don’t think I did it justice. Mother Nature didn’t cooperate, so all the days I wore this, I was only able to take photos with my camera’s flash and in dim light.
Nicole by OPI Scarlett Pictures
Nicole by OPI Scarlett Swatches
All swatches have:
- CND Stickey Anchoring Base Coat
- 2 coats of Nicole by OPI Scarlett
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
√ Shimmery red-violet
- Name: Nicole by OPI Scarlett
- Collection: Nicole by OPI Selena Gomez Collection 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the Nicole by OPI Selena Gomez Collection press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Hit the Lights, Selena, Love Song, Naturally, Spring Break, Pretty in Plum, Scarlett, Stars at Night, Mi Fantasia, Kissed at Midnight, Confetti Fun, Heavenly Angel, Sweet Dreams & Inner Sparkle
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: It’ll be available January 2013 at Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart, Jean Coutu, Loblaw & London Drug.
Nicole by OPI Scarlett Review
In most lighting conditions, you’ll see a saturated red. But in certain lighting, you can sometimes see a pinkish flash. (I guess that’s what Nicole by OPI means when they called this a “red-violet”.)
Aside from the glitters in the Selena Gomez Collection, this is the shade that has a lot of life! Put this on, and your nails catch the light.
From afar, your nails might look like they’re a red metallic. But the finish is actually more of a metallic shimmer that’s a bit frosty. Some of the shimmer twinkles the same way that snow twinkles when the sunlight hits it.
Application & Formula
Nicole by OPI Scarlett has a terrific formula. No hassles at all. It’s easy to paint on, and it goes on smoothly. I only needed to use 2 coats to completely cover my nails, so it’s good in my book!
Final Verdict: 8/10
This would make a lovely holiday manicure. It’s traditional and catches the light so much like a Christmas-tree ornament.
Would you wear this red? Have you thought about what you’re going to wear on your nails this holiday season?