It’s been a while, but I’m finally bringing you my full review on it!
You know me – the louder a polish is, the more I’m drawn to it like a moth to a flame.
But, as you may have remembered me saying a few times, I’m beginning to develop a soft spot for subtle shades. (Maybe someone’s lacing my water with something?) 😉
Whatever it is, I’m really enjoying how clean and chic a soft shade can look. There’s a natural elegance about it.
Nicole by OPI Love My Pups Pictures
Nicole by OPI Love My Pups Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 4 coats of Nicole by OPI Love My Pups
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Sweet pink (Yes)
- Name: Nicole by OPI Love My Pups
- Collection: Nicole by OPI Carrie Underwood Collection 2014
- Press Release: Click here to see the Nicole by OPI Carrie Underwood Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my Nicole by OPI Love My Pups Quick Look post
- Colours Available in the Collection: Carrie’d Away, Lips are Dripping Honey, Southern Charm, Sweet Daisy, Carnival Cotton Candy, Goodbye Shoes, Sing You Like a Bee, Party Bus, Love My Pups, Color Me Country, Some Hearts, American as Apple Pie, Fisher Queen & Backstage Pass
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Shoppers Drug Mart, Target, Wal-Mart, Loblaws, London Drug, Jean Coutu & other stores
Nicole by OPI Love My Pups Review
The best way I can describe this pale pink is marshmallow-like because it has that fluffy, light look, which adds to the inherently sweet appearance.
Although I tend to like saturated pinks a lot, there’s something about a light pink that looks elegant without being overly girly.
Nicole by OPI Love My Pups has a creme finish, but it’s not as dense as a typical one. There’s a softness about it.
It’s very easy to remove because of this simple finish.
Application & Formula
The formula is sheer, so I needed to use 4 coats in order to get a decent amount of coverage. Even with 4, you can see some of my nail line in person, but it was at a level I was comfortable with.
If your preference is to have full coverage, then this polish isn’t right for you.
I expected the formula to be like this when I saw the soft colour and the marshmallow finish, so I gave myself extra time to paint multiple coats. Also, I used my favourite fast-drying top coat, and for a manicure like this, you really need one because the thick layers will take a long time to dry otherwise.
Final Verdict: 7/10
I liked this shade on me, and although I was okay with using 4 coats, I still wish it was slightly more pigmented because I prefer to use no more than 3 coats for a manicure.
That being said, I loved the subtle elegance of this colour and how it wasn’t flat, due to the marshmallow-like finish.
Do you like soft pinks? Would you paint 4 coats for a colour you adore? What’s the most coats you’ve ever worn for a manicure?