Nicole by OPI Lay It on the Lime is a fresh, light green from the Seize the Summer Collection, which officially will be released in June.
(You may remember me posting a photo on Instagram photo of this not long ago.)
It looks really bright and clean (almost neon-like), which is how my smartphone captured it well. Then when I used my DSLR, somehow the colour got muted. Funny how that happens from time to time.
So when you look at my photos of this on the blog, please keep in mind that it does appear brighter in real life. (I was actually surprised by this one because it looked way more near-neon-like on my nails than it seemed like it would when I just saw it in the bottle. Hehe, it was a very pleasant surprise, of course!)
Nicole by OPI Lay It on the Lime Pictures
Nicole by OPI Lay It on the Lime Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of Nicole by OPI Lay It on the Lime
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Citrusy green (Yes)
- Name: Nicole by OPI Lay It on the Lime
- Collection: Nicole by OPI Seize the Summer Collection 2014
- Press Release: Click here to see the official Nicole by OPI Seize the Summer Collection press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Lay It on the Lime, LeaPink for Joy, Shaved Nice & The Coral of the Story
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Select Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart Canada, Jean Coutu, Loblaws, Rexall & London Drug (Available starting June 2014)
Nicole by OPI Lay It on the Lime Review
I really like how Nicole by OPI officially described Lay It on the Lime as a “citrusy green” because that’s exactly the vibe I get from it.
When I look at it, it reminds me of cold and delicious mojitos on a summer day because it has a refreshing look about it.
Somehow, when I wore it, Lay It on the Lime appeared brighter than I initially expected – nearly a neon. It looks clean and crisp!
Nicole by OPI Lay It on the Lime has a creme finish, which helps it look even that much more clean and fresh.
Application & Formula
When I first saw how light the green was, I was expecting that the formula was going to be streaky and that I would have to apply a minimum of 3 coats. However, I was quite pleasantly surprised that with 2 medium coats and no white base, I was able to get full opacity and a smooth look.
Of course, I used a shiny top coat (as I typically do), so that helped to make it even shinier, but even on its own, it looked great!
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
Oooohhh, I really appreciated how fresh and clean-looking this polish is! It’s like a breath a fresh air…except with the smell of lacquer. Haha! 😉
It defines your nails and makes them look really crisp. Plus it appears brighter somehow in person than in my photos. Okay, so it’s not completely a neon where you could help planes to land (hehe), but it’s close to being really bright!
Do you wear lime green nail polish? Now that the weather’s warming up, are you wearing more brights and neons? If you’re living on the other side of the world and it’s getting cooler, do you still wear bright nail polish?