Yes, I’ve got another in-depth review of a Nicole by OPI Carrie Underwood nail polish for you today!
This time, it’s Nicole by OPI Carnival Cotton Candy!
It’s a sweet pink that I can see many little girls (and the young at heart) drooling over because it has that innocent and playful look to it.
Since it has a creme finish and it’s pigmented, you could use this as a base for lots of wonderful nail creations!
The name ‘Carnival Cotton Candy’ reminds me of my dad because when I was little and we went to the local carnival, he would always buy me cotton candy. Hehe, and since when I was a girl, my favourite colour was pink, the candy floss would always be pink. (Years later, I decided that the blue and yellow candy floss were also pretty yummy, and I stopped limiting my dietary restriction to just the pink kind.)
Carnival Cotton Candy Pictures
Carnival Cotton Candy Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of Carnival Cotton Candy
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Pink (Yes)
- Name: Nicole by OPI Carnival Cotton Candy
- Collection: Nicole by OPI Carrie Underwood Collection 2014
- Press Release: Click here to see the Nicole by OPI Carrie Underwood Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my Quick Look Nicole by OPI Carnival Cotton Candy post
- Colours Available in the Collection: Carrie’d Away, Lips are Dripping Honey, Southern Charm, Sweet Daisy, Carnival Cotton Candy, Goodbye Shoes, Sing You Like a Bee, Party Bus, Love My Pups, Color Me Country, Some Hearts, American as Apple Pie, Fisher Queen & Backstage Pass
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Shoppers Drug Mart, Target, Wal-Mart, Loblaws, London Drug, Jean Coutu & other stores
Nicole by OPI Carnival Cotton Candy Review
If you’re into Barbie pinks, I have no doubt that you’ll be thrilled with Nicole by OPI Carnival Cotton Candy. It has sweetness in spades!
Although originally, this shade from the Nicole by OPI Carrie Underwood Collection came out in January this year, I think it works well for the spring because it reminds me of tulips and other flowers. (Of course, wear whatever shade you like. Don’t let the season dictate how much fun you can have!)
Nicole by OPI Carnival Cotton Candy has a smooth, creme finish that’s very easy to work with. If you don’t already have a staple pink in your collection, this is a great one to pick up.
Application & Formula
As with most cremes, this one was no exception – it glided on very easily, and I only needed two coats to achieve complete opacity.
The formula is especially great for those who may be new to the nail world. When you’re using something as creamy as this one, you can concentrate more on your application technique and less time struggling with a bad formula. You can think of this like nail-polish ‘training wheels’ in a way! 😉
Final Verdict: 7.5/10
Although Nicole by OPI Carnival Cotton Candy isn’t a shade that breaks lots of boundaries, what it has going for it is the excellent pigmentation and formula. You’ll whiz right along when you paint with this!
Do you wear pink polish more on your fingernails or toenails? Do you wear pink clothing to match your pink polish? Do you remember the first pink lacquer you purchased?