I’m not obsessed with Hello Kitty merchandise, but I do think she’s cute. So when the Born Pretty Store was giving away 1000 or so image plates featuring the adorable feline, how could I resist?
I’ve had the plate for a while, so it’s about time that I used it, right? Did you join in this promotion and get yours free, too? Share your Hello Kitty manicure with me – I’d love to see!
After playing around with it for a bit, these are my Hello Kitty Nails using the Born Pretty Store Image Plate M71!
It’s nothing fancy, but it did make me smile every time I looked at them.
Hello Kitty Nail Swatches
All swatches have:
- 1 coat of OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
- 3 coats of Orly Fantasea
- Stamping polish: Konad Special Nail Polish in White
- 1 coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Born Pretty Store Image Plate M71 Picture
Born Pretty Store Image Plate M71 Review (Hello Kitty)
When I first received this free plate during Born Pretty Store‘s special promotion, the disc had images that were cut-off. After contacting them, they were very polite and offered to send me a replacement that had all the images showing up. Especially because the plate was free to begin with, I was pleasantly surprised with how great their customer service was.
The image you see above is the 2nd plate they sent me. To see the first plate, click here.
Although I was concerned that all the whiskers and small details wouldn’t transfer onto my nails properly, I was glad to learn that they did quite easily. Picking up the Hello Kitty image on my stamper gave me no trouble at all, which means the image is engraved deep enough to allow the polish to get into all the grooves.
Konad Tutorial: Check out my Konad Tutorial for step-by-step written instructions & visual aids to make nail stamping easier!
What I Used to Create This Look:
- Born Pretty Store M71 Image Plate: Free! (Got this in a special Born Pretty Store promotion!)
- Konad Special Nail Polish (White): 11 mL – $6.99 USD
- Konad Stamper (came in a set with a metal scraper): $4.99 USD for set
- Konad Plastic Scraper: $2.50 USD
- Where to Buy Konad & Born Pretty Store Supplies: Konad Stamping Nail Art, Trans Design, Head2Toe, WowSoCool, OC Nail Art, select mall kiosks & Born Pretty Store
Are you a fan of Hello Kitty or is it too girly and not your style? Do you have a favorite Sanrio character? Would you try Hello Kitty nail art?