KBShimmer Sarong Place, Sarong Time from the Summer 2015 Collection that launched on Friday is a vibrant purple that reminds me of flowers.
KBShimmer Sarong Place, Sarong Time is the second KBShimmer nail polish that I’ve ever worn, and looks like they’ve struck gold a second time in a row!
(Also, I’ve been trying out the KBShimmer Clearly on Top Quick Dry Top Coat. I must say that I’ve had a great experience with it so far. Absolutely no shrinkage, but I’ll need to try it over other brands of polishes to see if it works across the board.)
KBShimmer Sarong Place, Sarong Time Pictures
KBShimmer Sarong Place, Sarong Time Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of KBShimmer Sarong Place, Sarong Time
- KBShimmer Clearly on Top Quick Dry Top Coat (Provided by Harlow & Co.)
Natural Light Photos
Artificial Light Photos
- Neon violet undertones (Yes)
- Great coverage (Yes)
- Name: KBShimmer Sarong Place, Sarong Time
- Collection: KBShimmer Summer 2015 Collection
- Colours Available in the Collection: Precious Petals, Alloy Matey!, Bahama Drama, Dust in the Bottle, Foiled, For Sail by Owner, Green Weaver, Home Surf, In Yacht Water, Leggo My Mango, Lei It Again, Look on the Nightside, Moody Hues, Pink-a Colada, Pros And Bronza, R-E-F-L-E-C-T, Rum Me the Right Way, Sarong Place, Sarong Time, She’s Beyond Kelp, Shell Shock, Sterling Example, Sun & Games, Take the Punny and Run, That’s Ore Like It!, Vitamin Sea, Wave the Flag, We Be Jammin’ & What Are You Wading For?
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 oz)
- Retail Price: $9.00 CAD (This was provided by Harlow & Co.)
- Where to Buy: KBShimmer website & Harlow & Co. website
KBShimmer Sarong Place, Sarong Time Review
Sarong Place, Sarong Time by KBShimmer is the fun pop of colour that your nails have been craving! It’s a violet that’s anything but shy, and it will flatter a wide variety of skin tones from fair to rich.
While it’s not a searing neon, it’s bright, and when you see it in direct sunlight, it really makes a bold statement!
This has a creme finish that dries slightly less shiny, so it needs a shiny top coat to achieve maximum impact.
Application & Formula
I was very impressed with the formula because it flowed onto my nails very easily and smoothly. Even with a single coat, I got exceptional coverage with Sarong Place, Sarong Time by KBShimmer. However, I still added a second coat out of habit.
I didn’t see any streaking whatsoever. This is one of those nail polishes that is nearly fool-proof!
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
Sarong Place, Sarong Time by KBShimmer is an awesome nail polish that I highly recommend if you’re in the market for a bright violet nail polish that’s reminiscent of summer blossoms! 🙂
What’s your favourite flower? If you could paint any flower on your nails, what would it be? What colour screams summer to you?