Green nail polish? You don’t even have to ask. Yes, please!
Hubba, hubba, Essie Vibrant Vibes! (This nailphile is drooling over the lime green from the Essie Neon 2015 Collection that comes out later in May.)
I gave a sneak peek on social media yesterday of my manicure, but today’s post includes an in-depth review with tons of swatches in various lighting conditions.
Compared to just a single photo, here you’ll be able to get a better idea of its personality because different lighting combined with different angles can show you a polish in a new way.
In all lighting conditions, Essie Vibrant Vibes is a winner for me. And if you also have a soft spot for greens, you should check this one out!
Essie Vibrant Vibes Pictures
Essie Vibrant Vibes Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of Essie Vibrant Vibes
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
Artificial Light Photos
- Vivid lime (Yes)
- Name: Essie Vibrant Vibes
- Collection: Essie Neon 2015 Collection
- Press Release: Click here to see the official Essie Neon 2015 Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my Essie Neon 2015 Collection Quick Look post
- Colours Available in the Collection: Make Some Noise, Groove is in the Heart, Coacha-bella, All Access Pass, Melody Maker & Vibrant Vibes
- Amount: 13.5 mL (0.5 oz)
- Retail Price: $9.95 CAD (This nail polish was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: At the end of May, it should be available at places like Trade Secrets, select spas, salons & beauty supply stores. (It may also be available at NailPolishCanada at that time.)
Essie Vibrant Vibes Review
Vibrant Vibes by Essie is definitely vivid, but it’s not the most shockingly bright neon green that I’ve ever seen. While it doesn’t make me squint from a retina-burning quality, it’s still eye-catching, and it completely falls in my Comfort Zone.
It’s what I would call an Entry Neon because it has more oomph than a regular green, but it’s not fluorescent. If you’re not used to wearing loud shades, this one hits middle ground, and it’ll prepare you for brighter shades.
Drying down to a satin finish, Vibrant Vibes by Essie looks great as-is, but I highly recommend that you use a shiny top coat because it improves the colour and helps to create a smoother appearance.
Application & Formula
With the first generous coat, there was streaking, but a second coat evened it out. If you’re using thin coats, it’s possible that you may require two to three coats to reach full opacity.
I suggest waiting several minutes in between coats to help you get even coverage. If you are in a hurry and apply another coat on top, this polish has the habit of dragging and creating bald spots.
Final Verdict: 9/10
Fellow green fiends will enjoy this because it totally has a summery vibe, and it reminds me of a mojito. (Hehe, then again, yesterday I reviewed The Body Shop Virgin Mojito Body Butter, so mojitos are on my mind!) 😉
What neon nail polish are you reaching for the most these days? Do you remember the first neon lacquer you tried? Do you prefer blindingly bright neons or just really bright shades?