Brown isn’t at the top of my nail-polish totem pole, but when it has shimmer and when autumn rolls around, I tend to test the waters more.
China Glaze Wood You Wanna? from The Great Outdoors Collection reminds me of a tree from the future or the kind that robots would plant in the year 3000.
It’s a bark-like brown, but because it has so much foil flecks, the overall appearance looks like a metallic taupe.
This is a brown that I was excited to wear and very much enjoyed! It has a cozy look with a lot of oomph – puts me in the mood for autumn. (Oh, who am I kidding? I’m always in the mood for fall, as it’s my favourite season!)
China Glaze Wood You Wanna? Pictures
China Glaze Wood You Wanna? Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Maintenance version (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of China Glaze Wood You Wanna?
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Rich brown burgundy (Sorta, but I mainly see brown but not much burgundy)
- Metallic (Yes)
- Name: China Glaze Wood You Wanna?
- Collection: China Glaze The Great Outdoors Collection 2015
- Colours Available in the Collection: My Lodge or Yours?, Cabin Fever, S’more Fun, Gone Glamping, Did You See the Silver Fox?, Take a Hike, Free Bear Hugs, Wood You Wanna?, Sleeping Under the Stars, Let’s Dew It, Pondering, Change Your Altitude
- Amount: 14 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $7.95 CAD
- Disclosure: My friend let me borrow this nail polish. She purchased it.
- Where to Buy: Nail Polish Canada, Sally Beauty Supply & Harlow & Co.
China Glaze Wood You Wanna? Review
Even if you’re like me and browns aren’t really your thing, Wood You Wanna? by China Glaze might pleasantly surprise you.
It’s not reminiscent of a certain emoji like a creme brown – it’s an elevated brown that, in some lighting, can look more cool-toned or warm-toned. I found it really interesting to see how it subtly changed throughout the day and night.
The foil-metallic finish elevates the polish to give it a futuristic, glam appearance. It catches the light a lot, and the finish is wonderfully smooth!
Application & Formula
Wood You Wanna? by China Glaze is very pigmented. Even with a single coat, it covered great, but I used my usual minimum of two coats. (You shouldn’t need more than that to get full coverage.)
This polish was easy to paint with – goes on smoothly and evenly. It was a joy to use!
Final Verdict: 8/10
Of the few times that I wear brown nail polish, this is the kind that I prefer because the finish is beautiful, and the shade is so rich!
Do you wear browns more in the fall than other times in the year? Can you picture using this brown for gingerbread nail art?