The Wizard of Oz is one of the movies I absolutely love. When I was in kindergarten, I watched it at least once a week.
I had a huge crush on the Scarecrow, always tried to find shoes that resembled Dorothy’s ruby slippers, and wanted Glinda the Good Witch of the North’s dress.
So of course when China Glaze Ruby Pumps came out, I had to have it! And now I enjoy it not just for the name, but for the gorgeous hue, too.
If you’ve never tried it, you’re seriously missing out. This is the quintessential red glitter for any nail-polish collection. It’s sexy, sparkly, and easy to apply.
Even if reds aren’t your favorite, you’ll fall in love with this one.
China Glaze Ruby Pumps Swatches & Pictures
- √ Contains China Clay, which acts as a nail hardener & shine enhancer to improve polish wear & appearance
- Name: China Glaze Ruby Pumps
- Amount: 14 g
- What I Paid: $2.68 USD
- Colors Available in Sleigh Ride Collection, Loves You Snow Much Collection & Wizard of Ooh Ahz Collection: Ruby Pumps, Emerald Sparkle, Tinsel, 5 Golden Rings, The Ten Man, Dorothy Who?, C-C-Courage, Cowardly Lyin’ & Good Witch?
- Where to Buy: Trans Design, 8ty8Beauty & Sally Beauty Supply
China Glaze Ruby Pumps Review
Especially since Christmas is just around the corner, I thought I’d get festive with some red nail polish. One of my favorites is China Glaze Ruby Pumps because it has dimension, glitter, and the perfect saturation of color.
The formula is spot-on. It glides on the nail and practically applies itself. You’ll only need 2 coats to get complete coverage. It goes on evenly and dries slightly gritty – you should definitely wear a top coat to smooth it out. (Then again, I always recommend wearing a top coat even with polishes that dry smooth and shiny because a top coat extends the wear.)
Although I’m more a green nail polish lover, this red makes my heart race. I’ve worn it several times – for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Canada Day, and several days in between.
What I enjoy about wearing China Glaze Ruby Pumps is that it gives me glamorous nails without having to spend a fortune. China Glaze is really amazing at providing a diverse range of colors and offering them at low prices.
This is what I wore under and over the nail polish:
- 1 coat of Nail Tek Foundation III (Ridge-filling Base Coat)
- 1 coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Final Verdict: 10/10
This glittery red showstopper can do no wrong in my beauty book. It’s a dream to apply, and it’s one of those nail polishes that makes you feel special when you wear it.
Will you be rocking the red this Christmas? What’s your favorite color from China Glaze?