** This post was written by Fiona. She no longer blogs for Swatch And Learn. However, Mary still continues to blog and will be happy to reply to your comment. **
Chapped lips – no one on Earth can pull off this look (except maybe Ms. Jolie…maybe). They look bad, but what’s worse is that they hurt. So I always have lip balm at hand, ready for defense.
I usually use ChapStick; it has good consistency, thickness, moisture and scent. But I thought I’d try something different: Balea Face Lip Balm SPF 30. It costs less, so why not? Sorry to our American friends as this is only available in Canada. But let me just say you’re not missing out. In fact, you’re much better off.
Balea Face Lip Balm SPF 30 Pictures & Photos
- X Helps prevent dry lips
X Relieves chapped lips
√ Protects against exposure to sun, wind & cold
- Name: Balea Face Lip Balm SPF 30
- Amount: 4.25g
- What I Paid: $2.99 CAD
- Price Per Unit: $0.70
- Where to Buy: Shoppers Drug Mart
Balea Face Lip Balm SPF 30 Review
What do I like about this Balea lip balm? One thing and one thing only: it has SPF 30. This helps to protect your lips from premature aging. Yes, guys and gals, your lips need protection, too!
The like list is quite short. Let me tell you why I absolutely dislike the Balea Lip Balm SPF 30:
- Feels slippery – It doesn’t feel like it coats my lips enough. I like a thicker consistency that moisturizes chapped lips and coats it for protection.
- Disappears quickly – This is connected with the previous point. Because the consistency isn’t dense enough, it feels like it evaporates quickly. I have to reapply more often.
- Doesn’t moisturize enough – After it disappears, my lips are still dry and chapped!
- It stinks – Smells like minty medicine. Gross!
- It tastes bad – No, I don’t eat lip balm (or glue). But if I bite my lips or smear too much on and get a teeny, tiny bit on my tongue, I’d feel like I just ate soap. It’s sweet on your tongue, but after, you get this waxy, icky soap feeling at the back of your throat. Double gross!
Final Verdict: 1/10
My advice: don’t buy the Balea lip balm at any cost. I’m actually thinking of throwing mine out even though I’ve only used it for just over a week. Feels like such a waste though.
What are your thoughts on this lip balm?
This product was Fiona’s winner for the 2010 Worst Kiss Award.