Another year is coming to a close! Are you ready to see what 2013 brings?
What you probably didn’t know is that in 2012, I faced a lot of stressful issues in my personal life that caused me great emotional pain.
Blogging and interacting with you helped me push through it instead of giving up.
If you’ve been following Swatch And Learn for even a little while, I hope it’s evident that blogging and interacting with readers bring me a lot of happiness. Yes, it is hard work and very challenging to keep up, but I’m not the type of person who’s afraid of pulling up my sleeves to get things done.
Thank you for listening to what I think and for valuing my opinion, post after post and tweet after tweet. That is a big compliment!
Most of all, thank you, dear readers, for being encouraging and kind as well as for cracking the much-needed joke.
You remind me that genuinely good people are still out there. I needed that reminder, and you gave it to me in spades!
So, while in this post I list the best of 2012 in terms of nail polish, nail art, etc., I want you to know that Swatch And Learn readers are really the best of 2012!
Before I jump into the list, I’d like to highlight some dates that I think are important because they show Swatch And Learn spreading its wings:
- January 6 – Signed up for a Facebook account
- January 13 – Scraped the old blog layout that was used since 2010
- September 6 – Created an Instagram account
And whenever I think of the 2012 blogging year, I can’t forget October 14 because it was the day when PR invited me to an exclusive event where I met and had dinner with Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, the Executive VP and Artistic Director of OPI! (Getting a swag bag with the entire Nicole by OPI Selena Gomez Collection was the icing on the cake!)
Another awesome moment was when Katie Cazorla (owner of The Painted Nail and star of the TV show, Nail Files) started following me on Twitter and, then more recently, on Instagram!
And here are some quick statistics for January 1, 2012 to December 30, 2012:
Top 3 Countries Visitors Came From:
- United States – 311,046
- Canada – 66,875
- United Kingdom – 36,171
Now onto the lists!
My Favourite Nail Polishes That I’ve Blogged About in 2012
- OPI Get Your Number, GoldenEye & Sparkle-icious
- Max Factor Fantasy Fire
- Sally Hansen Project Runway
- SpaRitual Earth Matters
- China Glaze Shocking Pink
- Zoya Daul, FeiFei & Zuza
- Illamasqua Creator, Charisma & Stance
- Color Club Wild At Heart & Too Violet
- Orly Royal Navy
- Butter London Wallis
- Nicole by OPI Purple Yourself Together
- Deborah Lippmann Across the Universe
My Favourite Nail Art I’ve Done in 2012
- Nail Art Tutorial Sheep Nails on a Man
- Flocked Manicure & Caviar Manicure on a Man
- Blue Flocked Nails
- Pirate Nails (I wore this when I met Suzi.)
- Pink & Blue Leopard Nails
- Neon Skull Nails
- Summery Fishtail Braid Nails & Blue/Black/Bronze Fishtail Braid Nails
- Easter Egg Nails
- Neon Ombre/Skittle Nails
- Tuxedo Nails
- Pink & Black Star Konadicure
My Favourite Smorgasbord Sundays Posts
- Bald Men
- Father’s Day
- Helping the Homeless
- How to Make My Favourite Vegetarian Lasagne
- The Original Beverly Hills 90210 TV Show
- I Like Painting Guys’ Nails
- Ancient Egyptian Mythology & Gods
- Seriously…I’m Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres
- Purple beanie & interchangeable knitting needle set
- Yellow beanie, pom pom baby blanket & getting addicted to knitting
Hope you found this little round-up post fun! 🙂 It was interesting to put together – lots of great memories! And I’m looking forward to making more in 2013.
What were some of your favourite manicures that you wore in 2012? Is there something you’d like to see on here in 2013?