A few days ago, I asked readers via a Twitter poll to let me know what kind of beauty reviews they were most interested in. It didn’t come as any surprise that the vast majority (86%) voted for nail-polish reviews! 😉 However, 7% said skincare, and 7% said makeup.
Since most of my reviews tend to focus on nail products, I thought that today, I’d switch it up a bit and focus on high-quality Laboratoire Dr Renaud Skincare!
You won’t find these skincare products at the drugstore. Laboratoire Dr Renaud skincare is available exclusively at more than 1,000 aesthetician salons and spas across Canada.
I’m a big believer in not skimping on good skincare because it’s the foundation for any beauty routine. When PR introduced me to Laboratoire Dr Renaud skincare, I was intrigued because I’ve never tried anything from this brand. Also, I haven’t experimented with some of these types of products before, such as peel pads and loose powder with SPF 50!
In addition to the products I photographed above, they also sent me their new anti-fatigue tissue mask and eye-contour patches (not shown in the above photograph, but presented later in this post).
Here are some interesting facts about Laboratoire Dr Renaud that I learned:
- The company was founded in France in 1947 by Dr. Louis Raymond Renaud (the first dermatologist to undertake skincare product research)
- In 1963, it became a Canadian company based in Montreal
- They research, develop, and manufacture all of their products in their Montreal facility
- Their products are not tested on animals
- Their products are free of parabens, synthetic colourants, fragrance, and mineral oil
- Isabelle Villeneuve, the Director of Research and Development and Global Strategic Projects, has been with the company for 20 years. She heads their research team that consists of all women – it’s very rare in the field. (Scroll to the bottom of this blog post for the Q and A with her.)
- Laboratoire Dr Renaud’s philosophy is to combine the best of nature and science. They have a huge range of products to address every skin concern for every age, and the brand has professional treatments.
In the rest of this post, I share with you some quick photos of a few skincare items, as well as more information on each product.