I’m going to let one of my makeup skeletons out of the closet. (Deep breath!) For years, I used only those sad sponge-tip applicators to apply eye shadow. (They’re great for packing on color, but not fantastic for blending.) Don’t pumice stone me! I’ve learned the error of my ways!
It was only about a year ago when I took the plunge and invested in makeup brushes…expensive ones from MAC Cosmetics that left my piggy bank squealing for mercy. Then I got wise to Sigma Brushes – same quality as MAC, but waaaay cheaper. Since I discovered Sigma brushes, I’ll never go back to buying MAC brushes.
Sigma Brush Pictures:
Sigma Brush Pictures:Claims: TRUSTED
√ Professional quality
√ Soft & durable
- Name: Sigma Brushes
- Kits Available: Synthetic Face Kit, Eyes Kit, Face Kit, Travel Kit Nice in Pink, Travel Kit Naughty in Black, Face and Eyes Kit, Complete Kit without Brush Roll (Black), Complete Kit with Brush Roll (Pink), Complete Kit with Brush Roll (Black) & Premium Professional Kit with Brush Roll (Black), Hollywood Glamour Kit (Breakfast With Audrey, Princess Grace, Something About Marilyn)
- Individual Face Brushes Available: Round Top Synthetic Kabuki (F82), Angled Top Synthetic Kabuki (F84), Concealer (F70), Concealer (F75), Large Angled Contour (F40), Foundation (F60), Large Concealer (F65), Small Duo Fibre (F55), Small Contour (F05), Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (F80), Large Powder (F30), Duo Fiber Powder/Blush (F15), Duo Fibre (F50), Tapered Highlighter (F35), Powder/Blush (F10), Large Powder (F20), Tapered Face (F25), Buffer (F45), Hollywood Glamour Retractable Kabuki (Pink, Red, Black) & Hollywood Glamour Retractable Flat Top Kabuki (Purple)
- Individual Eye Brushes Available: Medium Angled Shading (E70), Eye Shading (E55), Pencil (E30), Large Shader (E60), Tapered Blending (E40), Small Angle (E65), Eye Liner (E05), Large Fluff (E50), Small Tapered Blending (E45), Tapered Blending (E35), Blending (E25), Short Shader (E20), Flat Definer (E15), Small Eye Liner (E10)
- Individual Lip Brush Available: Lip (L05)
- Where to Buy: Sigma Brushes
Sigma Brush Review
The right brushes make a world of difference. But you don’t have to squeeze your wallet dry to get high-quality brushes that perform like professional ones. With Sigma Brushes, you get so much more than you pay for!
I bought 2 kits: the Sigma Eyes Kit and the Sigma Face Kit. They’re the older collection Sigma put out with the “SS” brush names. You’ll notice now that the brushes have names like F70 or E40. They did this to differentiate themselves from MAC since they got a lot of flak for copying the names.
In the near future, I’ll be writing detailed reviews for both and posting pictures of each brush you see in the below photos, so check back soon! But for now, I’m going to tell you about my experiences with Sigma Brushes in general so you get a better idea of what to expect.
Y’know how some makeup brushes fray badly especially after you wash them? That’s not the case with the Sigma brushes I tried. The bristles didn’t fall out, there wasn’t a funky smell, and the bristles didn’t change color on me. The brushes are soft, and most of them I cannot live without because they perform wonderfully.
You can buy full sets or individual brushes to round out your collection. And the worldwide shipping rates are very inexpensive so you don’t have to worry about inflated prices because of that.
- Inexpensive worldwide shipping
- Wide selection
- Able to purchase single brushes or full kits
- Synthetic/cruelty-free bristles available
- Comparable in quality to MAC brushes
- Can only be purchased on Sigma’s website
Final Verdict: 10/10
They say ‘you get what you pay for’. With Sigma, you get so much more! These are great brushes not just because they’re inexpensive, but because they’re of top quality. I suggest that anyone who dabbles in makeup gets these.