It should come as no surprise that Sally Hansen Insta-Dri No S-pear Time is my kind of colour. Hello, it’s greeeen! 😉
You know what? I has been ages since I tried any of the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail polishes, and it’s very strange because I’m nearly always tempted to bring one of the shades home with me whenever I frequent the drugstores.
Okay, so I may be biased about loving No S-pear Time, but it really blew me away.
Allow me to explain further in this post.
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri No S-pear Time Pictures
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri No S-pear Time Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri No S-pear Time
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Metallic (Yes)
- Dries fast (Not sure – I always use a fast-drying top coat, so I didn’t test this.)
- Name: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri No S-pear Time
- Collection: Sally Hansen Forward to Fashion Collection 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the Sally Hansen Forward to Fashion Collection press release
- Colours in the Collection: No S-pear Time, Style Steel, Chop Chop Copper, Pink Fast, Currant Trend, Quick Jeanius, Red-io Active & Jet Set Jade
- Amount: 9.17 mL (0.31 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Drugstores & mass retailers, so you should be able to find it at Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall, Loblaws, Wal-Mart, etc. (Available for the month of September, but it’s possible you may be able to find it after.)
- Limited Edition? Yes!
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri No S-pear Time Review
No S-pear Time by Sally Hansen is a gorgeous earthy kind of green, which is one of my favourites! It’s a non-traditional colour, but it’s not as flashy as, say, a kelly green or a neon green. I think that this shade looks classy, but it has some edge.
The shimmery metallic finish makes your manicure really pop, and there’s something about it that really catches the light to make your nails come alive! It’s definitely far from being flat.
This is exactly the type of finish that looks the same with or without a top coat.
Application & Formula
I was really pleased with the formula. It has been a while since I used any of the Insta-Dri polishes, so I was happy to see that this one was very pigmented.
With just a single coat, I pretty much got full coverage! But, you know me. I had to apply a second coat, out of habit!
Yes, the Insta-Dri polishes are supposed to dry extremely fast, but I didn’t bother testing that out, since you really should always use a top coat (and my favourite top coat is a fast-drying one).
Since the formula was on the thicker side, I suggest that you use thin coats, or you could experience some bubbling. I actually got some bubbling because I tend to use medium coats. Also, I may have got bubbling because the night I was painting was a little humid. (Yeah, it was summer’s last hurrah, it seems!)
If you do get bubbling, don’t worry! I found that when I applied my top coat, it actually smoothed everything out nicely. So, the issue can be rectified! However, prevention is always best, so if you use thinner coats, you’ll be less likely to run into the same issue that I did.
Final Verdict: 10/10
No S-pear Time by Sally Hansen is definitely a very “Mary” shade. It’s what I would call my ‘comfort colour’ and the kind of shade that I gravitate toward naturally.
I highly recommend you try this if you can find it. The colour is so rich, and the pigmentation makes this a real winner!
What Sally Hansen Insta-Dri would you recommend I try? Do you like fast-drying polishes, or do you prefer to let your fast-drying top coat do the work?