I hope that you all had a great New Year’s! 🙂
Although I rarely make New Year’s resolutions, I decided to make one for blogging.
I was going through my old computer files and came across a few manicures and product photographs that never made it on here. I plan to go back, and let them all see the light of day.
Back in October, I punched up a pink manicure with some glitter.
Sally Hansen Fa-la-la-lavender Pictures
Sally Hansen Fa-la-la-lavender Swatches
All swatches have:
Natural Light Photos
- Sequin over coat (Yes)
- Name: Sally Hansen Fa-la-la-lavender
- Collection: Sally Hansen Wonderlust Holiday Collection 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the Sally Hansen Wonderlust Holiday Collection press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Midnight Glitz, Twinkle Toas-ty, Fa-la-la-lavender & 3, 2, 1derland
- Amount: 14.7 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall, Loblaws, Wal-Mart, etc. (It may be more challenging to find since this came out in November 2013.)
Sally Hansen Fa-la-la-lavender Review
Fa-la-la-lavender by Sally Hansen has pink and blue-purple hexagonal glitter. It’s like having a fun, girly party on your nails! It adds sparkle and shine, which is great for when you’re feeling like you want more glitz.
The base polish is clear, which means you can layer it over many different polishes without worrying that it’s going to transform the look of the base polish.
Since it has a chunky-glitter finish, it’s a bit gritty, but with a thick top coat like Seche Vite, you can smooth it out easily.
Removing it takes a little bit of effort, but it’s worth it. Remember, if you can’t do the time, then don’t do the crime. 😉
Application & Formula
I found that to get even dispersal of the glitter, I needed to dab the polish on and manipulate the glitter. That’s okay because it wasn’t that difficult to do, and the end result was beautiful!
Since there glitter is suspended in clear polish, it’s easier to spread the glitter onto the nails. It never feels like thick or dry glue.
Final Verdict: 8/10
Sally Hansen Fa-la-la-lavender from the Wonderlust Collection is a great polish for layering, and if you can still find it, I recommend trying it. It adds the right amount of bling to any manicure! 🙂
What would you layer under Sally Hansen Fa-la-la-lavender? Do you wear glitter often or only for special occasions? Are you a fan of Sally Hansen products?