Brights, bold shades, and in-your-face colours usually make my heart race, but sometimes you need to slow down and enjoy something more demure in order to truly appreciate the louder variety.
OPI You’re So Vain-illa is one of those shades that could go really well or clash with your skin tone. I see these kind of shades as being almost like foundation – you have to get the right undertone, or it could look really wrong.
I don’t have many nudes, so I was really happy to add this one to my collection. And I really enjoy how clean this polish makes my nails look without being harsh like a white.
OPI You’re So Vain-illa Pictures
OPI You’re So Vain-illa Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI You’re So Vain-illa
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Vanilla shade (Yes)
- Name: OPI You’re So Vain-illa
- Collection: OPI Coca-Cola Collection 2014
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI Coca-Cola Collection press release
- Quick Look Post: Click here to see my Quick Look at the OPI Coca-Cola Collection
- Colours Available in the Collection: Coca-Cola Red, You’re So Vain-illa, Get Cherried Away, My Signature Is “DC”, Today I Accomplished Zero, Green on the Runway, A Grape Affair, Orange You Fantastic! & Sorry I’m Fizzy Today
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, NailPolishCanada & select beauty-supply stores, spas & salons
OPI You’re So Vain-illa Review
You’re So Vain-illa by OPI definitely is a shade that’s true to its name. It reminds me of creamy French-vanilla ice cream, or maybe I’m just craving something sweet.
It’s a light beige that is great for when you want your nails to have that “Mannequin Hands” effect, which is clean and fresh-looking. It’s softer than a harsh white, and this is a shade that goes with pretty much everything in your wardrobe.
This creme nail polish is simple and classic. There’s no nonsense, bells, or whistles with this lacquer.
Application & Formula
I was quite pleased to discover that I only needed 2 coats to completely cover my nails. Sometimes with a light polish like this, you need to use lots of coats to avoid streakiness. I found that You’re So Vain-illa by OPI went on nice and smooth.
Final Verdict: 6/10
While I’m glad to have this shade in my collection, and I’m pleased that it goes with my skin tone, I’m still not crazy about it. My polish preferences lean toward the immature side (think loud and bold colours!), and since this one is very sophisticated and demure, it’s such a far departure from what I normally wear.
Even though it falls out of my comfort zone, I found that I didn’t feel strange sporting it. It felt almost like I wasn’t wearing any nail polish. Hehe, it was such a funny feeling to look down at my fingernails and not see a crazy shade smiling back at me! 😉
Do you like soft shades like this, or do you crave the more wild variety? How would you wear OPI You’re So Vain-illa? Do you like the smell of vanilla? (All my favourite perfumes contain notes of vanilla.)