If you’re gonna do a yellow nail polish that’s loud and proud, you may as well throw in a textured finish into the mix, right?
Well, maybe it’s just me, but when a nail polish roars so loudly, I can’t bear to stifle it. I say, “Louder! LOUDER!” 😉
Like all the minis in this set, it only comes in the adorable 3.75 mL bottle, so if you like the shade, quickly grab the set before it’s too late.
OPI You’re So Flippy Floppy Pictures
OPI You’re So Flippy Floppy Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 3 coats of OPI You’re So Flippy Floppy
- No top coat!
Natural Light Photos
- Bright textured yellow (Yes)
- Name: OPI You’re So Flippy Floppy
- Collection: OPI Beach Sandies Mini Nail Lacquer Collection (part of the OPI Brazil Collection)
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Brazil Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my Quick Look post on the OPI Beach Sandies
- Colours Available in the OPI Beach Sandies Mini Set: Samba-dy Loves Purple, I’m Brazil Nuts Over You, What’s a Little Rain Forest? & You’re So Flippy Floppy
- Amount: 3.75 mL (1/8 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select beauty-supply stores, spas & salons (Officially available starting February 5)
OPI You’re So Flippy Floppy Review
You’re So Flippy Floppy by OPI is a sunshiny yellow that reminds me of a beautiful day. Just looking at this colour is enough to uplift my mood. (It’s amazing how something as simple as nail polish can brighten your day, if only for a few minutes, isn’t it? Colour therapy is alive and well!)
This has a Liquid Sand finish, so it’s gritty without feeling scratchy, and it dries lightning fast, which is especially helpful when you’re very busy. You don’t even have to use a top coat, so that also saves you lots of time.
If you want to wear it shiny, keep in mind that this eats top coat. That means it may have a glossy finish when you layer it with a shiny top coat, but the next day, the polish will absorb some of it, and the texture will return.
To avoid this and enjoy the smooth texture for longer, I recommend using a regular shiny top coat and then a fast-drying one.
However, I’m a Liquid Sand purist, and I prefer to wear textured polishes in their natural state to enjoy the unique finish.
Removing Liquid Sands is easier than it looks, as long as you use a remover that has some acetone. (It doesn’t need to be 100% acetone to work.)
Application & Formula
You’re So Flippy Floppy by OPI had a formula that’s easy to control, however, like a lot of yellows, this one was on the sheer side. So, I had to use 3 medium coats to get the coverage I was most comfortable with.
Final Verdict: 8/10
I like wearing yellow nail polishes because they’re unexpected and fun. And, although some yellows can make you look like you have a zombie jaundice, once you find a yellow that works with your skin tone, it just screams summer, and I love it!
How often do you wear yellow nail polish? Have you ever encountered a polish that gave you a case of ‘zombie jaundice’? Would you wear this as-is or with a shiny top coat?