If you’ve been following my OPI nail-polish reviews, you’ll notice this post is the odd one out because it’s not from the latest collections.
As I sat down to work on a post last night, I saw a draft that I included photos in, but never got around to writing about – it slipped through the cracks!
Sometimes we tuck away polishes in our Helmers and forget about them until we stumble across a blog that showcases it. I know that happens to me a lot. And I enjoy busting out my older polishes now and then.
(Haha, try to focus on the nail polish. I know my cuticles were stained. I must’ve been wearing a coral before this. Even though I share photos of my nails with the world, I don’t mind showing you swatches that are less than perfect. This is real, and I don’t pretend to have flawless manicures. What matters to me is that a manicure makes me happy, and this one certainly put a smile on my face!)
OPI What’s a Little Rain Forest? Pictures
OPI What’s a Little Rain Forest? Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI What’s a Little Rain Forest?
- No top coat!
Natural Light Photos
- Textured (Yes)
- Blue (Yes)
- Name: OPI What’s a Little Rain Forest?
- Collection: OPI Beach Sandies Mini Nail Lacquer Collection (part of the OPI Brazil Collection)
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Brazil Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my Quick Look post on the OPI Beach Sandies
- Colours Available in the OPI Beach Sandies Mini Set: Samba-dy Loves Purple, I’m Brazil Nuts Over You, What’s a Little Rain Forest? & You’re So Flippy Floppy
- Amount: 3.75 mL (1/8 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: It might be trickier to find because this is now part of an older OPI collection, but you could check Trade Secrets & select beauty-supply stores, spas & salons. (It’s currently still available at NailPolishCanada in a 4-piece mini set.)
OPI What’s a Little Rain Forest? Review
What’s a Little Rain Forest? by OPI is a fantasy lagoon blue that reminds me of the ones I read about in fairy tales. It’s cheerful, bright, and very summery!
When you wear it, the pop of blue brings your nails to life without being in-your-face like a neon. It stands out, but it doesn’t burn your retinas! 😉
This nail polish has texture, which was such a popular trend that I loved (and still enjoy a lot)!
There’s slight shimmer mixed in, but it’s not overly shimmery. It has enough to keep this blue from appearing dull or flat.
It dries really quickly, which is typical of a polish with this finish, and it wasn’t sharp or overly gritty.
If you dislike texture, you can apply a shiny top coat to smooth it out, but you’ll need to use more than one coat because this polish is hungry and eats top coat! (Also, to avoid shrinkage, you shouldn’t use two coats of a quick-drying top coat. Instead, use a regular top coat and then your second layer can be the quick-drying one.)
Application & Formula
What’s a Little Rain Forest? by OPI applied easily. It was very pigmented, so even one coat covered nicely, but I wanted to achieve the optimal colour, so I used a second coat.
It went on evenly, and I loved how the polish dried quickly. Plus the fact that you can wear it without a top coat means that you can finish giving yourself a manicure even faster – that’s always a plus!
Final Verdict: 7/10
What’s a Little Rain Forest? by OPI is one of those happy-go-lucky shades that you’ll want to wear more in the summer when the sun’s beating down. And because it dries quickly, you can be on your way out the door fast – it’s great for those who lead very busy lifestyles, but who still want to treat themselves to a nice manicure!
Do you still wear your texture polishes? Did you get any of the OPI Brazil Collection (or any of the OPI Beach Sandies mini polishes)? What is your favourite type of blue to rock on your nails?