OPI Suzi & the 7 Dusseldorfs doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue…haha! Thankfully, I keep nail polish far away from my mouth. 😉
This is another glowy polish from the OPI Germany Collection. If you’re a purple fan, you’ll probably like it. But if you have a collection of purples already, it may not ring terribly unique.
This jewel tone is the colour of royalty, and people with very different skin tones can pull this one off.
(Haha, and the name makes me laugh. It’s the German version of Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs, I think!) 😛
OPI Suzi & the 7 Dusseldorfs Pictures
OPI Suzi & the 7 Dusseldorfs Swatches
All swatches have:
- Name: OPI Suzi & the 7 Dusseldorfs
- Collection: OPI Germany Collection 2012
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Germany Collection press release
- Colours Available in the OPI Germany Collection: Suzi & the 7 Düsseldorfs, Don’t Pretzel My Buttons, My Very First Knockwurst, Berlin There Done That, Don’t Talk Bach to Me, Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine!, Unfor-greta-bly Blue, Every Month is Oktoberfest, Deutsch You Want Me Baby?, Danke-Shiny Red, German-icure by OPI & Schnapps Out of It!
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select spas, salons & beauty-supply stores (Available in August, but you may be able to find it sooner at smaller stores.)
OPI Suzi & the 7 Dusseldorfs Review
Suzi & the 7 Dusseldorfs by OPI is a medium purple with a bit of pink in it. (The photos in sunlight are more accurate. The flash photos make it look way too blue-based than it does in real life.)
This is a purple that I feel is incredibly easy for anyone to wear. It’s not too bright to be flashy, and it’s not so dark that it’s sombre.
It has a lovely shimmery finish that has a glow to it like many of the other colours in the OPI Germany Collection.
You’ll love how the fine shimmer dances on your nails in the sun. And even if you’re stuck in a cubicle for the work week, it still looks lively under artificial lighting.
Application & Formula
This one was very runny. Take your time, and apply thin coats so you don’t flood your cuticles.
I found that Suzi & the Dusseldorfs by OPI wasn’t quite as pigmented as the other colours I tried in the collection, but it also wasn’t sheer. You’ll just need 2 coats for full coverage.
Final Verdict: 7/10
This is a nice colour, but I don’t feel that it’s a must-have when you consider the other incredible shades in the OPI Germany Collection. If, however, you don’t have any glowy purples, you’ll appreciate this one! 🙂
What’s your favourite purple polish? Does a runny formula deter you from buying a lacquer?