The OPI New Orleans Collection is full of fresh shades that will make you long for patio weather. (Click the above link to see the blog post I did that includes swatches of all 12 shades.)
A handful of colours really stood out to me amidst the sea of nail polishes. OPI Show Us Your Tips! is certainly one of them, and it’s not just because of the cheeky name!
Play ‘Show and Tell’ with OPI Show Us Your Tips!
Periwinkle is serene and conjures up images of a sleepy moon decked out in starry pajamas. However, it’s not yawn-inducing.
I get excited whenever I see a periwinkle nail polish because you don’t see it too often. There are plenty of sky blues and light purples, but a true periwinkle seems to be overlooked often.
OPI Show Us Your Tips! Pictures
OPI Show Us Your Tips! Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Maintenance version (Used as a base coat)
- 3 coats of OPI Show Us Your Tips!
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Periwinkle shimmer (Yes)
- Name: OPI Show Us Your Tips!
- Collection: OPI New Orleans Collection Spring/Summer 2016
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI New Orleans Collection press release!
- Quick Look: Click here to see my swatches & bottle shots of all 12 shades in the OPI New Orleans Collection!
- Colours Available in the Collection: Let Me Bayou a Drink, Spare Me a French Quarter?, Humidi-Tea, She’s a Bad Muffuletta!, Suzi Nails New Orleans, Got Myself into a Jam-balaya, I Manicure for Beads, Crawfishin’ for a Compliment!, Take a Right on Bourbon, I’m Sooo Swamped!, Rich Girls & Po-Boys & Show Us Your Tips!
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $12.50 CAD
- Disclosure: The base and top coats were purchased by me. OPI Show Us Your Tips! is a press sample provided by PR.
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, Nail Polish Canada, Hudson’s Bay, professional salons, BeautyBrands.com, Chatters, Dillard’s, Regis & ULTA stores & ULTA website
OPI Show Us Your Tips! Review
Ohhhh, Show Us Your Tips! by OPI is what nail dreams are made of!
The delicate hue is a mix of blue and purple, which creates a periwinkle that would complement a wide variety of skin tones from fair to rich.
Although it’s part of a spring/summer collection, periwinkle is one of those season-defying colours because I think it would work absolutely well even in the winter.
It’s a great anytime shade that’s easy to wear – not bright or flashy, but also it’s not pale, so it won’t wash you out like pastels can sometimes do in the spring.
From a distance, the shimmer appears like it’s silver, but when you take a good look at it in decent lighting, you’ll notice that there’s pink and blue shimmer! (This fine attention to detail had me staring at my nails a little more than what would be considered ‘normal.’) 😉
You don’t have to be in bright sunlight to see it. Even when I was shopping at the mall, I was able to see the shimmer.
If your nails are curved like mine, you know that shimmery nail polishes make your manicure come to life even more when the light bounces off of it!
The shimmery finish is smooth, even before I applied a glossy top coat. This is typical of most nail polishes with this finish.
Application & Formula
When you try Show Us Your Tips! by OPI, you may be concerned because the first coat looks watery, sheer, and like it could become a streaky mess. However, don’t call it quits!
With a second coat, the coverage builds up significantly, and with a third coat, you can get a smooth, even appearance. (I used three coats, and I didn’t feel the need to add an extra layer.)
The consistency of the polish was a bit thin, however, subsequent coats seemed to go on thicker or at least adhere better to the prior coat.
Also, the formula self-levels a little, so if you accidentally apply a little too much in one spot, it will even out by itself in seconds. Just don’t go add globs all over, and you’ll be fine.
This nail polish doesn’t contain any Formaldehyde, Toluene, or DBP, so if you’re shopping for ‘healthier’ choices or you have an allergy to those, this may interest you.
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
I’m so in love with OPI Show Us Your Tips!, and I wore it for a few days before I sadly came to the realization that it needed to be removed because there were more untried polishes giving me those puppy-dog eyes.
If you get just one nail polish from the OPI New Orleans Collection, I highly recommend this one!
Stay tuned because I’ll be doing more in-depth reviews on a few more shades in the collection. (I really want to show you my top picks.)
Does periwinkle call your name? Which nail polishes are giving you puppy-dog eyes? Did you pick up a few colours or the entire OPI New Orleans Collection?