You don’t have to rake in a six-figure salary to enjoy the high life. (Money isn’t everything. Happiness is!)
Nails get the luxe experience without needing the hoopla of a red carpet when they’re polished with OPI Rich Girls & Po-Boys from the New Orleans Collection!
I fell in love with OPI Rich Girls & Po-Boys when I wore this manicure for a few days straight. It’s one of my favourites in the collection because it’s not your run-of-the-mill blue creme. There’s that extra zing, and who doesn’t like a good zing…unless maybe you got burned really badly by Big Brother’s Zingbot! 😉
OPI Rich Girls & Po-Boys Pictures
OPI Rich Girls & Po-Boys Swatches
All swatches have:
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Blue creme (Yes)
- Name: OPI Rich Girls & Po-Boys
- Collection: OPI New Orleans Collection Spring/Summer 2016
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI New Orleans Collection press release!
- Quick Look: Click here to see my swatches & bottle shots of all 12 shades in the OPI New Orleans Collection!
- Colours Available in the Collection: Let Me Bayou a Drink, Spare Me a French Quarter?, Humidi-Tea, She’s a Bad Muffuletta!, Suzi Nails New Orleans, Got Myself into a Jam-balaya, I Manicure for Beads, Crawfishin’ for a Compliment!, Take a Right on Bourbon, I’m Sooo Swamped!, Rich Girls & Po-Boys & Show Us Your Tips!
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $12.50 CAD
- Disclosure: The base and top coats were purchased by me. OPI Rich Girls & Po-Boys is a press sample provided by PR.
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, Nail Polish Canada, Hudson’s Bay, professional salons, BeautyBrands.com, Chatters, Dillard’s, Regis & ULTA stores & ULTA website
OPI Rich Girls & Po-Boys Review
There’s more than meets the eye when it comes to Rich Girls & Po-Boys by OPI. At first glance, you may think that it’s a medium cornflower blue, but there’s something intriguing that sets it apart from the sea of other blues in your stash. I think there’s a tinge of purple!
This nail polish is also exciting to wear, not just because of the fun pop of colour, but also because when I looked at it throughout the day and night, it looked slightly different. Sometimes it looked more vibrant, and other times, it was more of the medium shade that you see in the bottle. For this reason, it kept my interest running strong during the few days that I wore this manicure.
The creme finish is plain and simple, but when it comes to an eye-catching colour like this, I think it works well. Also, I’m loving cremes a lot more, so this fits in nicely with the finish that I naturally gravitate toward.
Application & Formula
Rich Girls & Po-Boys by OPI has a great formula. Each coat glided on effortlessly, and I built up complete opacity with just two coats.
When I removed this nail polish, it didn’t stain my nails or skin. What’s more is that the blue didn’t even bleed onto my skin or get messy. This is one of those beautiful blues that is easy and quick to remove. I give it two thumbs and two big toes up for that! 😉
OPI Rich Girls & Po-Boys is free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, and DBP, which you may appreciate if you’re allergic to those ingredients, or if you’re making conscious shopping decisions.
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
OPI Rich Girls & Po-Boys is one of my top picks from the New Orleans Collection because not only was it easy to apply, but the colour really wowed me!
Is OPI Rich Girls & Po-Boys also one of your top picks? Have you come across other blue nail polishes like this that are also quick and easy to remove?