OPI Muir Muir on the Wall is a vampy,shimmery plum nail polish from the San Francisco Collection (Fall/Winter) that officially launches on August 7.
This is one of the must-haves in the collection because it’s really sexy and edgy.
It’s perfect for the cooler months or when you want to add some drama to your tips!
Sooooo, guess what? It looks like I’ll be achieving my goal of reviewing all the nail polishes in the OPI San Francisco Collection before the release! I just have one more to go, and then I will have showed you all 15 shades!
OPI Muir Muir on the Wall Pictures
OPI Muir Muir on the Wall Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of Muir Muir on the Wall
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Plum (Yes)
- Name: OPI Muir Muir on the Wall
- Collection: OPI San Francisco Collection Fall/Winter 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI San Francisco Collection press release & quick swatches of all the shades
- Colours Available in the Collection: A-Piers to Be Tan, Dining al Frisco, Haven’t the Foggiest, Peace & Love & OPI, Keeping Suzi at Bay, Incognito in Sausalito, Lost on Lombard, I Knead Sour-Dough, Muir Muir on the Wall, In the Cable Car-Pool Lane, Embarca-Dare Ya!, First Date at the Golden Gate, It’s All San Andreas’s Fault (Liquid Sand), Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! (Liquid Sand) & Alcatraz…Rocks (Liquid Sand)
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select beauty-supply stores, spas & salons (Available August 7)
OPI Muir Muir on the Wall Review
Muir Muir on the Wall by OPI is a deep purplish plum that’s as enchanting as a cauldron filled with an evil magic potion!
Although this polish is dark and brooding, it doesn’t look blackened. I appreciate this because I really have to be in the mood for near-black shades.
It looks darker on the sides of the nails, and down the middle, it really catches the light. It has that glowy look that I’m sure will make you stare at your nails throughout the day. 🙂
Muir Muir on the Wall by OPI has a shimmery finish, so when you look closely, you can see little sparkles dance like fiery fairies on your nails. It’s really neat to see!
When it comes to vampy shades, I think that a shimmery finish really plays well with them.
Application & Formula
The formula was very pigmented, so I only needed 2 coats to get complete opacity, and it applied pretty smoothly. This polish definitely didn’t cause any problems – it was a joy to paint with.
Final Verdict: 10/10
OPI Muir Muir on the Wall was perfect! I loved the way it applied and how it looked. It wasn’t too dark that it made me think I was wearing a black polish. It was vampy enough to look sexy, but it still caught the light to showcase the colour better. Love it!
What was the most recent vampy shade you’ve worn? If you’ve been following my OPI San Francisco Collection swatches, which would you consider to be your top 3 picks?