And it just hit me the other day that, although I wore OPI Miss You-niverse and took photos, I hadn’t cropped any photos. It’s about time! 😉
At long last, I’m showing you this gorgeous polish that applies like a dream that involves David Beckham. Hehe! 😉
OPI Miss You-niverse Pictures
OPI Miss You-niverse Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Miss You-niverse
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Deep black plum (Yes)
- Name: OPI Miss You-niverse
- Collection: OPI Miss Universe Collection 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Miss Universe Collection 2013 press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: This Gown Needs a Crown, I’m Feeling Sashy & Miss You-niverse
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select spas, salons & beauty-supply stores
OPI Miss You-niverse Review
What I loved about Miss You-niverse by OPI is that the colour is so creamy-looking and deep, but it never looked like one of those near-blacks where you need to see it under a bright light to know that it’s not black.
With this, you can clearly see that it’s a purple-based plum with just a smidgeon of blue for good measure. It’s just a touch away from being called vampy.
A smooth, easy-to-apply creme is always a winner in my book, and you can add Miss You-niverse by OPI to that category!
I didn’t have to apply the polish carefully to get it to cover well or to show the colour. Even with a single coat, I got impressive coverage, but I continued with a 2nd coat out of habit.
Since it has a creme finish, it’s incredibly easy to remove, and I’m happy to report that I didn’t notice any staining, despite it being a dark shade.
(I was wearing OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener as a base coat, and I find that this really does a great job at preventing most stains in general! After trying a lot of base coats and even coming across some stellar formulas, I still have to say that this is my absolute new favourite!)
Application & Formula
OPI Miss You-niverse applies easily – it’s almost as though it paints itself! You’ll find it to be very smooth and creamy, so it flows onto the nail well and can be manipulated with the brush with no problem. Excellent formula!
Final Verdict: 9/10
I enjoyed wearing OPI Miss You-niverse because applying it was a cinch, and you know that I love me some purple polish! 😉
Which of the 3 OPI Miss Universe Collection shades is your favourite? Would you wear this polish solo or as a base for nail art?