If you’ve hung around Swatch And Learn for even a short period of time, you’ll notice that I tend to lose a few marbles whenever I see a new green nail polish. 😉
So, it should not be shocking to learn that OPI Christmas Gone Plaid was at the top of my To-Wear List when I first laid eyes on the OPI Gwen Stefani Holiday Collection!
While other popular nail-polish brands release lots of green lacquers, I find that OPI doesn’t often. That’s why I got even more excited to see Christmas Gone Plaid!
OPI Christmas Gone Plaid Pictures
Haha, the name of this polish is OPI Christmas Gone Plaid, but on the label, it said Christmas Gone Paid! Hehe, it still sorta works because when you think of getting paid and cash, you think of green! 😉
OPI Christmas Gone Plaid Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Christmas Gone Plaid
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Forest green (Yes)
- Name: OPI Christmas Gone Plaid
- Collection: OPI Gwen Stefani Holiday Collection 2014
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Gwen Stefani Holiday Collection Press Release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Just BeClaus, Kiss Me – or Elf!, I Carol About You, Christmas Gone Plaid, In a Holidaze, Love is Hot and Coal, Fashion a Bow, Cinnamon Sweet, What’s Your Point-settia?, Red Fingers & Mistletoes, First Class Desires, Sleigh Parking Only, Rollin’ in Cashmere, Unfrost My Heart, I’ll Tinsel You In, Snow Globetrotter, Comet in the Sky & So Elegant
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR. Retails for $9.95 CAD.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, NailPolishCanada & select beauty-supply stores, spas & salons
OPI Christmas Gone Plaid Review
Christmas Gone Plaid by OPI is a forest green that OPI doesn’t normally create, so maybe we’ll see more greens in future collections? (We can only hope!) 🙂
In the bottle, the green is dark, but when you paint your nails, it ends up looking several shades darker. However, it doesn’t quite look blackened. In very dim light, it could look that way, but most of the time, you can clearly tell that it’s green. (That’s a plus for me because near-black colours aren’t my favourite.)
Although it has a simple creme finish, Christmas Gone Plaid by OPI is still a winner. I don’t have too many dark greens with this finish, so it’s a good staple addition to my collection.
Another awesome thing about cremes is how easy they are to remove!
And even before I added a top coat, it was extremely shiny and not flat like some cremes.
Application & Formula
This baby has wonderful pigmentation, and when you slick on even the initial coat, you’ll be like, “Oooh!” It’s very creamy and smooth, so the lacquer glides effortlessly onto your nail.
Great formula on this one!
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
OPI Christmas Gone Plaid is a green that has made its way into the soft spot of my heart! 😉 Obviously, I recommend that you give it a whirl. It’s so easy to work with, you can be lazy while painting your nails, and the results will still turn out great!
What polish in your collection has the smoothest, easiest-to-work-with formula? Which shades from the OPI Gwen Stefani Holiday Collection have you or will you pick up? For Christmas, will you be wearing green or red polish…or something else?